Here are details about this particular position:
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months w/ strong possibility to extend
We are looking for a Systems Engineer. This position is based in Durham, NC.
Support and maintain Messaging platform including Microsoft Exchange 2007 and 2010 Corporate e-mail, e-mail hygiene, transport layer and application integration infrastructure, by researching, engineering planning, implementing, and supporting new technologies, and responding to problem escalation as they arise, whether isolated to a single user or system-wide.
The position includes design, installation, administration, of various messaging applications by ensuring the availability of services, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment.
This position will be asked to help drive the application separation project/e-mail backbone, working with teammates to see the project or tasks to completion and help drive a new business unit engagement process for application integration.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Support and maintain enterprise e-mail infrastructure systems
- Engineer and support e-mail hygiene infrastructure, anti-virus, DLP, encryption, MTA and routing
- Drive Exchange 2007 application migration and integration
- Develop and document relevant engineering documentation
- Develop, document, and implement approved engineering efforts
- Follow engineering methodology that includes requirements, design, certification, implementation, and release management.
- Research, test, document, and implement new products
- Perform scheduled weekend and after-hours work, as well as after-hours emergency work, as required, including participation in on-call rotation
- Candidate should be a recognized expert with MS Exchange Architecture and administration and possess extensive experience with Sendmail backbone
- Candidate will be supporting a large Corporate IT mission critical email services.