About Guardian Home Care
Founded in 1969, Guardian Home Care is a leading provider of comprehensive homecare and hospice services, serving more than 13,000 people in Tennessee, Georgia and Texas. We have achieved this remarkable growth by building a reputation for compassionate care, clinical expertise, continuous improvement and a focus on exceeding the expectations of our patients, clients, and their families.
- Company: Guardian Home Care
- Base Pay:N/A
- Location: Nashville
- Employment Type: Per Diem
- Industry:Healthcare - Health Services
- Manages Others: Not Specified
- Job Type: Health Care
- Experience: Not Specified
- Reference ID: 942
- Travel: None
- Post Date: 11/16/2013
- Contact:Not Available
- Phone: Not Available
- Email: Send Email Now
Speech Language Pathologist - Guardian Home Care & Hospice, Clarksville, TN (20120916)
For more than 40 years, Guardian Home Care has been a leading provider of home health services, serving more than 13,000 people in Tennessee, Georgia and Texas. We have achieved this remarkable growth by building a reputation for compassionate care, clinical expertise, continuous improvement and a focus on exceeding the expectations of our patients, clients, and their families.
Our nationally ranked Safe Life programs - Fall Prevention, Orthopedic Rehab, COPD, Diabetes Management and CHF - provide evidence-based outcomes for each patient. At Guardian Home Care, you can enjoy a rewarding career without sacrificing time with your friends and family. If you share our same goals and values, let’s talk. We’d love to have you on our team!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Participate in the development and periodic review of the Plan of Care while providing hands-on care
- Identify, evaluate, prevent, and minimize disorders of speech, voice, language, hearing and swallowing by utilizing professional skills and judgment in the assessment and treatment of the disorders
- Administer and interpret diagnostic tests and applications of therapeutic treatments
- Masters Degree in Speech and Language Pathology or the equivalent
- Knowledge of complex neurologic injury and rehabilitation techniques generally required
- Must meet the education and experience requirements equivalent to the Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech/Language Pathology
- Maintain a professional license as required by the state of practice
- If professional licensure is not required, the Certificate of Clinical Competence as awarded by ASHA will be current and in full force and effect
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and auto insurance
- Absolute love of patient care!
Report this job
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.