Education Requirement: High school diploma
Experience Requirement: A minimum of 2 years experience in Insurance AR Follow-Up, insurance billing, or related physician office services.
Other Requirements: Knowledge of ICD-9 diagnosis and CPT-4 procedural coding structures. A course in medical terminology is preferred. CPC certification is a plus.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lighted office environment.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves sitting approximately 90 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.
Decision Making Requirements: Requires a medium level of decision making ability.
- Insurance AR follow-up, insurance billing, or related physician office services.
- ICD-9 diagnosis and CPT-4 procedural coding structures.
- Medical terminology.
- Problem solving.
- Efficient multi-tasking.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective organization of work assignments.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Ability to self-motivate.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to utilize different systems and software applications.
- Ability to work within specified deadlines.
- Ability to accept change in work assignments as needed.
Performance Requirements / Key Metrics:
- An individual goal for a quality audit score must be met.
- An individual goal for volume of target files completed must be met.