Opportunity awaits at Lennar for a Construction Manager
one of America’s leading homebuilders, is currently seeking an experienced Construction Manager
who is motivated, organized, a self-starter with a strong construction background, good communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all Associates, Business Partners and Government Agency Representatives If you want to work for a great Company with advancement opportunities, please apply today!!
As a Construction Manager,
you will be expected to perform the following functions:
Responsible for managing and overseeing construction of homes in an assigned community, under the supervision of the Senior Management to ensure cost, schedule and quality standards are met. Monitor reports, assist in pre-construction and production of homes, contact and supervise trade partner’s work, and maintain the overall community job sites for cleanliness.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Lennar makes it easy to map out your future success with a wide variety of opportunities for career growth in the most desirable real estate markets.
- Oversee the scheduling and supervision of daily business partner activities in accordance with job schedule and business partner scopes of work.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of all applicable building codes and OSHA job safety regulations.
- Analyze proper construction techniques.
- Maintain all job tasks and order alerts within Build Pro daily.
- Assure job site cleanliness and safety.
- Inspect all work daily, using the Lennar Quality by Stage checklist as a guide.
- Be familiar with each trade partners “scope of work" and assure that properly completed work is certified for payment only.
- Work together with Regional Operations Center ROC to improve budgets, cost variances, and plan improvements, and systems.
- Assure that records of all changes on the job, such as engineering reports, change orders and/or purchase orders are properly maintained.
- Inspect, schedule, and maintain the division’s implementation of the LEMS including the Storm Water, Air Quality, Endangered Species, Environmental Site Assessment and Wetlands modules.
- Assist the REM with SWPPP implementation audits, documentation of associated corrective actions, and reporting of results.
- Strive to reduce liability of regulatory notices of violation and subsequent future litigation, penalties and fines.
- Recruit, actively communicate with and train business partners on safety, quality requirements and payment procedures, to assure a solid vendor base.
- Be involved personally and proactively with any actual or perceived vendor scheduling, communication or payment related issues.
- Conduct Homebuyer Demonstrations.
- Secure the Company’s property and protect if from weather, theft, vandalism and other damage.
- Ability to understand the manufacturer’s recommendations for use and application of their products.
We are proud to provide our associates with a comprehensive benefits program including:
Short and Long Term Disability and a much more.
Requirements for the Construction Manager
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Some college preferred
- Relevant management experience desired
- Must possess organization skills by keeping daily schedules current; maintaining a timely and accurate flow of paperwork
- Possess good time management skills. For example; be able to handle a wide variety of tasks and demands in a timely manner
- Must possess good interpersonal skills
- Associate is prohibited from performing manual repairs
- Computer literacy and proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel)
- Valid Driver’s License, auto insurance policy, and a good driving record
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of construction and building codes
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associates.
Lennar is a proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer.