Web Application Developer (ColdFusion/PHP)
We are looking for Web Developers to join a successful team in producing intuitive, effective, and easy-to-use Web applications that enable Shift4 customers to manage essential aspects of their businesses related to payments, accounting, security, and more. Desired skills include ColdFusion, Ajax, PHP, and SQL. Successful candidates will be team players who can work effectively in an Agile environment, taking initiative to deliver valuable features and applications and helping to continuously improve development processes.
Report this job
- Develop Web applications and features used by tens of thousands of merchants to manage their credit, debit, and gift card transactions
- Work in an Agile Scrum team with cross-functional roles focused on delivering relevant business applications in every sprint
- Participate in development projects for various client-side and back-end applications and services related to payment processing
- Continuously monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards
- Research, recommend, and apply new technologies as they emerge
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and resolve problems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a dynamic Agile environment
- Driven to use technology to deliver applications that are relevant to our customers’ business
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so that others can understand
- Pleasant with others on the job, displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science (preferred), other related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in the payments industry or a related business field is desired
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
What does Shift4 Mean Anyway?
To solve the Shift4 riddle, hold down your "Shift" key while pressing the "4" key. What do you see? A dollar sign. And that's our core function: turning customers' credit and debit transactions into dollars in the bank, quickly, accurately and securely.
Shift4, a leading developer of enterprise payment solutions, provides powerful, web-based applications that allow merchants to turn their customers' credit, check, debit or gift card transactions into dollars in the bank quickly, accurately and securely. We work with our merchant customers, championing their cause and helping them to receive the lowest discount rates and fastest authorizations possible, regardless of the bank, processor or Point-of-Sale (POS) /Property Management System (PMS) they utilize.
Since 1994, Shift4 has provided real-time enterprise payment solutions to leading food & beverage, hospitality, retail, auto rental and eCommerce organizations worldwide including Hilton Hotels, Choice Hotels International, Back Yard Burger and many other notable companies. Our forte is handling high volume accounts and enterprises with multiple entities, interfaces, locations, processors and merchant types all within the structure of a single system, giving merchants the ability to centralize control of all of their payment processes. This is accomplished through a powerful, innovative, unique, reliable and secure system that connects the world's most popular POS and PMS applications to the world's largest credit, debit and private label processors.