Geo-Technology Associates, Inc. (GTA) is a professional firm specializing in geotechnical engineering, geoscience, environmental and natural resources consulting, groundwater resource development, and materials testing engineering. Incorporated in 1985, GTA currently has 15 offices located throughout the mid-Atlantic region, Carolinas, and Dakotas serving commercial, residential, and industrial clients, public institutions, and local, state and federal government agencies.
We are currently seeking a Project Level Geotechnical Engineer for our Charlotte, North Carolina office. This position requires 4 to 8 years experience in geotechnical explorations and construction observation and testing related to the following areas:
- Earthwork, foundation, and construction materials observation and testing.
- Subsurface investigations including test borings, cone penetration testing, and test pits, reviewing exploration logs, lab results, and plans.
- Analysis of bearing capacity, settlement, earth pressures, pavement section design, and slope stability.
- Analysis, recommendations and design of deep foundations and ground improvement for structural support.
- Analysis and design of temporary and permanent earth retention system.
- Forensic investigation and failure analysis.
- Preparation of geotechnical reports.
Candidates for Project Engineer should be prepared for professional growth into such areas as retaining wall design, slope stability analysis, pavement design, review of subsurface conditions and foundation design, and project management. This is an excellent opportunity to work with experienced engineering and business leaders, perform work on wide variety of projects, and develop advanced technical and business skills.We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
GTA offers a team-oriented environment and the opportunity to work with multiple disciplines, on a diversity of projects. Capable and willing employees will enjoy substantial professional and career opportunities. Visit our website at www.gtaeng.com to learn more about our diverse company. For immediate consideration, send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]. Please reference Charlotte Geotechnical Engineer.
Successful candidates MUST have:
- BS Degree in civil engineering, with geotechnical concentration
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam
- MS Degree in geotechnical engineering preferred
- P.E. preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- CADD experience preferred