1. Processes all animal cage components and related equipment through mechanical cage, bottle, rack or tunnel washers. Ensures proper sanitation using standard temperature assurance indicators and reports any failures immediately to the Supervisor.
2. Processes all waste bedding material using either a vacuum bedding disposal or HEPA filtered bedding disposal unit. Wears appropriate personal protective equipment when handling waste bedding.
3. Operates mechanical cage wash units according to department standard operating procedures and manufacturer instructions.
4. Sanitizes ventilated racks through the rack washer. Flushes lines of automatic watering systems (if
applicable) using hyper-chlorinated water according standard operating procedures and manufacturers
guidelines. Records all sanitation on designated cards for each rack.
5. Operates steam autoclaves to sterilize equipment as required. Ensures proper sterilization using cycle
assurance indicators. Records all results on the Autoclave Assurance Log.
6. Cleans and sanitizes all horizontal surfaces, floors and walls according to the standard operating
procedures. Removes waste from cage wash rooms. Records all room maintenance on the room logs.
7. Processes incoming supply orders using the misting tunnels in the barrier facility. Relocates supply
shipments to respective storage locations after disinfection.
8. Stages cage components into units using appropriate bedding and enrichment material. Ensures that cage components are excellent working condition.