Our client, a well established non-profit organization, is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their headquarters located in Northbrook, IL. The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong technical aptitude, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and must be highly organized and detail oriented. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic organization that offers a great team environment and advancement opportunities!
The responsibilities of the Entry Level Staff Accountant include:
- Assisting the Controller with the Monthly/Quarterly Journal Entries & Analysis.
- Perform day-to-day general accounting activities.
- Preparation and Review of Reconciliations.
- General ledger maintenance.
- Prepares standard financial and ad-hoc management reports.
- Accounting Policies/Procedures preparation assistance.
The ideal Staff Accountant will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA tracking a plus
- 1-4 years of accounting experience. Accounting internship required.
- Strong communication skills and excellent analytical abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint is required.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
Keywords: staff accountant, accountant, senior accountant, accounting manager, accounting supervisor, controller, assistant controller, bookkeeper, Credit and Collections Manager, Credit/Collections, Collections Analyst, Controller, cost accountant, Cost Accountant, Cost Accounting Manager, CFO, COO, CEO, chief financial officer, chief executive officer, chief operating officer, Accountant, Analyst, Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Collections, finance, Finance, Auditor, Senior Auditor, Assurance, audit senior, audit manager, Financial Analyst, Senior Financial Analyst, Manager of FP&A, forecasting, budgeting, analyst, analysis, business analysis, project accountant, property accountant, variance analysis, manager, supervisor, finance, investments, investing, stock options, investment banking, I-Banking, Finance, loan officer, Loan Officer, banking, bank, MD&A, md&a, Treasury Accountant, treasury, Treasury Analyst, Director of Treasury, Tax Manager, International Tax, public accountant, certified public accountant, CPA, cpa, accounts payable, a/p, ap, A/P, A/P Manager, accounts receivable, a/r, ar, A/R, A/R Manager, Payroll Manager, Payroll Accountant, payroll, G/L, J/E, general ledger, journal entries, balance sheet account analysis, reconciliations, bank recs, account analysis, GAAP, GAAS, CIA, CPA, C.P.A. CISA, SEC, sec, mba
Mark/Ryan Associates is the premier provider of Retained, Contingency, and Temporary Staffing solutions for Accounting, Finance, Office and Operations. MRA is capable of providing recruiting solutions on a national basis and currently has clients in 23 states.
Mark/Ryan Associates, Ltd. was a member of the Inc. 500 in 2008 at #158. The Inc. 500 represents the 500 fastest growing companies in the US.