Allied Health Group (AHG), a Cross Country Staffing company, is a nationally recognized, healthcare-focused firm. We specialize in the placement of quality healthcare professionals into positions offered by the most premier healthcare facilities in the country.
In a family practice setting, the Physician’s Assistant will be responsible for the medical care of the patient as well as working closely with the physician and health coaches to offer the best patient care experience and improve clinical outcome.
We are looking for a full time Physician’s Assistant to help deliver our new care model practice. Please include a cover letter with resume.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Physician and Medical Director to design and deliver the highest quality care
- Understand and deliver our model of care and medical guidelines
- Deliver face to face patient visits as well as over email, video conference, group meetings etc.
- Provide oversight and clinical supervision of a team of health coaches
- Triage patients who reach out to the practice via walk-in, email, or phone call ensuring timely and appropriate care
- Participate in direct clinical assessment and treatment of patients
- Ensure smooth patient flow, timely care, and outstanding customer service for patients
- Hire and mentor health coaches
- Provide regular medical and nutrition training to health coaches
- Develop and evaluate group sessions for patients
- Deliver presentations to Company employees and project stakeholders
- Assist with creating a network of like-minded professionals
- Establish relationships with hospitalists and emergency department providers, etc
Desired Skills & Experience
- Fluency in Spanish required
- Current CA state license or in the process of obtaining the license
- 5+ years of experience
- Proven ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Comfortable in urgent care setting and overseeing urgent care under supervision of Physician
- Focus on excellent medical care
- Interested in being at the forefront of changing the current health care system
- Able to deal with uncertainty and adapt to change in a positive manner
- Technological adeptness
- Flexible schedule for night and weekend call (phones)
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, listening and written
- Supervisory and leadership experience preferred
- Comfortable practicing according to our medical guidelines
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Report this job
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.