Title: Lav & Water Supervisor
Departmentt(s): Aircraft Appearance
Reports to : General Manager Assistant
The Lav & Water Supervisor is responsible for serving the needs of the individual airline and the associated servicing requirements of their aircraft in accordance with individual airline and Jetstream’s polices and procedures.
Summary of essential job functions
The Lav & Water Supervisor is responsible for some or all of the following aircraft servicing duties in accordance with policies and procedures and within specified time parameters:
• Basic servicing of aircraft lavatories to include the removal (dumping) of lavatory contents, flushing of the lavatory system and refilling the lavatory fluid to established levels as prescribed in individual airline and Jetstream’s policies and procedures.
• Basic servicing of aircraft potable water tanks to include filling the tank to the established level as prescribed in individual airline and Jetstream’s policies and procedures.
• Completion of all aircraft servicing logs as prescribed in individual airline and Jetstream’s policies and procedures.
• Safe operation of lavatory and/or water servicing vehicles and the proper servicing/upkeep of such vehicles before, during and after use during the prescribed shift.
• Removal of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) from ramp surfaces adjacent to or surrounding the airport terminal building.
In addition, the Lav & Water Supervisor is responsible for:
• Daily management of his/her team of Lav & Water Drivers, to include knowing the location of his/her team during their specified shift via the use of work bridge aviation management software.
• Coordination of job assignments during his/her shift.
• Assisting in the completion of and monitoring his/her team’s work performance during each aircraft servicing.
• Ensuring timely completion of assigned duties and report any deviations to policies and procedures or work performance challenges (to include delay of an aircraft’s scheduled departure) to the General Manager Assistant.
• Maintaining all required documentation and ensure that his/her team members accurately and completely maintain and submit required documentation as prescribed in established policies and procedures.
• Determining meal and rest breaks for his/her team.
• Other duties as assigned by the General Manager Assistant or General Manager.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
The following are minimum requirements for the Lav & Water Supervisor position:
• Valid driver’s license
• Reliable method of transportation to arrive at the work location on-time
• Able to maintain a well groomed and professional appearance
• Pass a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) 10-year background check and pre-employment drug test
• Pass a Department of Homeland Security/Transportation Security Administration (TSA) security assessment
• Legally eligible to work in the United States
The following are preferred qualifications for the Lav & Water Supervisor position:
• At least six (6) months experience as a Lav & Water Driver
• Experience with PDA’s/tablets and Work Bridge real time aviation management software preferred.