Not Ready to Apply?
Desired candidate would be an energetic individual who desires the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment committed to delivering superior intranet application production support and development. This individual would use advanced knowledge of SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS to provide application support and deliver projects resulting in functional system enhancements, critical bug-fixes of critical web-based application(s). This individual would perform duties that include planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, performance tuning and support of the organization's server-class databases and production support and maintenance of existing projects/modules primarily using SQL Server 2008, SSIS and SSRS.
• 8+ years’ database design, development and support/administration experience.
• Expert level knowledge in: SQL Server 2005/2008, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, various Database Join types, SQL Grouping, use of built-in functions/User defined functions, system stored procedures, advance features of SQL Server 2005/2008, Systems Integration, and Production Management
• Understanding Entity-Relationship and coding using ER diagram.
• Experience with handling moderate to large tables/databases, Query performance tuning, Distributed Transaction, Distributed Queries/Linked Servers.
• Experience with modifying/analyzing existing complex code to extract/understand business logic.
• Flexible and self-motivated, with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to clearly communicate ideas and results to diverse business and technical audiences
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
• Ability to work from design to implementation independently with very little guidance
• Ability to effectively manage/prioritize production support activities along with enhancement and other development deliverables
• Ability to take ownership of the task assigned
• Ability to work in a close team environment, on site or in a remote office
• Analytical skills, ability to 'think outside the box' and move concepts to implementation.
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a leading national technology consulting and professional services firm that focuses on tactical and strategic consulting. ASG’s fundamental business is providing staffing services to Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, and Life Sciences. We focus the majority of our efforts in Staff Augmentation support of Large Enterprise Clients who utilize a Vendor Management System. ASG works as both a reliable supplier in support of programs, as well as a Strategic Advisor in support of enterprise efforts to establish best in class preferred vendor programs. ASG was ranked in the 2007 and 2008 Inc. 500 and recognized specifically for its innovative work in staff augmentation support of Large Enterprise preferred vendor accounts.