A Part-Time Instructional Service contract teacher is a highly qualified, state certified teacher responsible for delivering specific course content in an on-line environment. Teachers provide instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students’ individual needs. Teachers monitor student progress through K12’s learning management system, and they work actively with students and parents to advance each child’s learning.
Typically Contract Part-Time Instructional Service Teachers are responsible for:
• Spending a minimum of 75 minutes live each week (part of these hours include direct instruction)
• Completing training prior to starting
• Number of students assigned is based on enrollment needs at time of hire
As part of their regular teaching responsibilities, Contract Part-Time Instructional Service Teachers are expected to fulfill duties in the following areas:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning and Preparation
• Learns the entire K12 curriculum for assigned grade levels and is able to demonstrate knowledge of how state standards align with it;
• Understands how both diverse and unique characteristics of students and their families impact required support;
• Augments course content according to prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools.
Instruction and Student Achievement
• Orients students to their course, communicates requirements, sets and enforces deadlines, maintains regular office hours and conducts instructional sessions;
• Takes ownership for student’s academic progress and attendance, communicates high expectations and shows an active interest in student’s achievement, establishes and maintains a positive rapport with families, conducts conferences with students and parents (or other responsible adults), provides individualized instruction to help each students achieve K12 curricular objectives;
• Supports parents with student curricular and instructional issues, balances the flexibility of the K12 curriculum with Academy policies and procedures
• Grades student work and maintains grade book, alerts administrators to concerns about student performance and progress, maintains regular contact with students and families via the Virtual Classroom Environment;
• Creates and manages a home office; supports students with the set-up and maintenance of their learning environment; supports students through basic computer troubleshooting.
• Collaborates with peers in order to provide a positive experience for students;
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Six (6) months of teaching experience AND
• Bachelor's degree (for Grades K-6); Master’s degree (for Grades 7-12) OR
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES: Candidates are required to have the appropriate state teacher certification in the state being advertised, in addition to meeting the No Child Left Behind’s Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Experience in a customer service environment
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Flexible schedule
•Able to pass background check requirements
Three (3) or more years of teaching experience
Experience working with the age group
Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
In 1999, we set out to answer a call. It was a call voiced by a growing number of parents whose children's needs were not being met by traditional education models. Their children were bored by the pace of the traditional classroom, left behind by the pace of the classroom, or just getting lost in the shuffle. While traditional brick and mortar schools work for many children, they restrict many others for a variety of reasons.
At K¹², our mission has remained steadfast: To provide any child access to exceptional curriculum and tools that enable him or her to maximize his or her success in life, regardless of geographic, financial, or demographic circumstance.
We have become a leader in providing individualized, one-to-one learning solutions to students from kindergarten through high school across the country. These solutions have literally changed lives and opened up possibility for many children. Our biggest fans continue to be parents who are seeking to tap into their children's unique potential and who have seen what can happen when children can work at the right pace and with the tools, approaches, and content that make learning come alive.