Administrative Assistant Needed in Columbus, OH
Amtec has an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant for a contract position located in Columbus, Ohio. This position maintains the day to day operations of the Engineering department and performs diverse and advanced administrative support for the Engineering Staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with the planning and development of engineering projects.
2. Assist with creation and modification of all engineering computer based documents. This includes, but is not limited to, bills of material, process and procedures, engineering notices, schedules, and plans.
3. Assist with the maintenance of the filing systems for Engineering documents and library.
4. Place orders and create purchase orders for all engineering-related expenses
5. Generate budget reports for the for engineering department.
6. Interface with OEM customers and the client's affiliates on Engineering Administration issues.
PERIODIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Make copies of Engineering drawings
2. Distribution of Engineering documents
3. Document translation
4. Other duties as required by management.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: This position requires an Associates degree and a minimum of three years experience as an administrative assistant in an engineering environment.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED: The candidate must be bilingual (English/Japanese), possess strong communication and computer skills (eg. MS Office).
Experience with Agile, Sharepoint, CAD, Lotus Notes, and knowledge of ISO9001 requirements are preferred.
In 1959, Robert Underwood took over what was then a floundering, debt-ridden staffing company whose goal was to find the right candidates for its customers. Renaming it Amtec Engineering, Inc., Bob worked hard to pull the company out of the red and honor his predecessor’s debts. With God’s help and a lot of elbow grease, he succeeded, and the little company grew under the leadership of Bob and a new partner, Pete Van Dyken. At first located on Commonwealth Avenue in Fullerton, California, the company served mainly technical companies like Beckman, General Dynamics, Honeywell, and Rockwell. Without the invention of computers or fax machines, candidates hand-delivered or mailed in their resumes, which were coded and painstakingly filed so they could be retrieved for the right job. Many came in each week to pick up their checks, too, and were always greeted by name.
Wanting more space, Amtec moved to Brea in 1978, and the advent of computers began making it much easier and faster to serve our candidates and customers. In 1983, Scott Kuethen joined the Amtec team as a recruiter. Young and full of new ideas, he constantly made suggestions for improvement, including bringing in new technology (the fax!) and ways to cut costs so the company could survive the latest economic downturn. Scott loved the win/win opportunity that recruiting afforded him; helping both a candidate and an employer in one fell swoop was almost as good as eating ice cream!
Not Ready To Apply?