REPORTS TO: Sr. Systems Administrator
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position of Systems Administrator will be responsible for supporting the IT Operations Support Team with maintaining Wintel Server infrastructure and related systems.
The primary duties for this position are focused on systems management which includes network, file and print services, hardware and software support, managing Active Directory, patch management, system backups, monitoring and inventory. Additionally, this position will interface with the helpdesk ticketing system, IT support entities and the end-user as to resolve incidents.
- Troubleshoots system hardware/software problems
- Manage Active Directory, user accounts, passwords, mailboxes, database, file level permissions, management of Group Policy and Organizational Units
- Management of company voice mail and mobile device servers
- Maintains documentation of inventory for servers, hardware and software
- Manages and deploys software updates and enterprise Anti-virus servers
- Participates in the IT Change Management and Asset Management processes
- Documents incident resolutions into the appropriate ticketing systems
- Interacts effectively with others and clearly communicates verbally and in writing
- Provides end-user support via telephone, email, and face-to-face
- Performs account creation in Exchange, SQL, and Active Directory servers
- Participates in compliance activities that include audit log collection, analysis and reporting
- Performs system monitoring to ensure the integrity and availability of all IT server resources, reviewing system and application logs
- Performs daily backup operations that include ensuring backups are successfully accomplished and the proper disposition of media.
- Add and configure new services and hardware as required in support of break-fix activities or system projects
- Manages encrypted drives, remote systems
- Performs after-hours system support during scheduled and unscheduled outages and standard monthly patching requirements
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree or 3+ years of experience working in a server support environment
- 2+ years of experience in a Systems Administrator role
- Knowledge of IT concepts, best practices, and procedures
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, and PDF software
- Experience with enterprise level anti-virus software and virus/malware removal
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 Server Operating Systems to include Active Directory
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2007 or higher
- Experience with Microsoft Windows XP or higher
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and comply with relevant department and/or corporate policies, procedures and guidelines as they pertain to company data and technology services
- Experience with SQL database account creation and permissions management
- Experience with system monitoring and using performance analysis tools
- Experience with performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as well as configuration of CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Ability to assist with developing and participating in disaster recovery exercises
- 3+ years of experience in Help Desk Support or PC maintenance role preferred
- MCSA 2003 or MCITP Certification preferred
- Experience with server backup and recovery tools preferred
- Experience with BlackBerry Enterprise Server preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL concepts such as Service Desk, Incident Management and Change Management preferred
TOOLS: Packet Capture Tools (Sniffers), System Monitoring and Analysis Tools, Microsoft Performance Monitor, Help Desk Ticketing Systems, Online Project Management System, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel and others as required.
DIRECTION EXERCISED: N/A
DISCRETION EXERCISED: Work within Austal standards at the direction of the Sr. Systems Administrator
LIAISES WITH: IT Management Line, IT Security, End Users and External Technical Support
ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES: Candidates must be able to provide proof of US Person status.
Austal USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company policy prohibits discrimination, retaliation or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law. This Policy applies to recruiting, hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers, compensation, raises, benefits, training, facilities, discipline, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
||Austal USA, LLC
||Outstanding Pay and Excellent Benefits
||Marine / Maritime
||2 to 3 years
||1 Dunlap Drive
Mobile, AL 36602
Austal commenced operations in 1988 with a vision to build high quality commercial vessels for the international market. Today, Austal is a global defence prime contractor and world leader in the design and construction of customised aluminium defence and commercial vessels, and is proud to list amongst its customers many of the world’s leading ferry operators and defence forces.
With shipyards in Western Australia, the United States of America (Mobile, Alabama) and the Philippines, Austal has delivered more than 220 vessels for customers around the world. Austal’s product range includes passenger and vehicle-passenger ferries, patrol boats, theatre support vessels, combat ships, multi-role vessels and luxury private live-aboards. Austal is an established provider of worldwide vessel maintenance and management services. Austal also designs, installs, integrates and maintains sophisticated communications, radar and command and control systems.
Austal listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in December 1998 and has diversified its product base through the acquisitions of Western Australian shipbuilding companies Image Marine and Oceanfast, and Canberra-based Australian Technology Information. Austal’s USA shipyard was established in late 1999, and is now one of the largest employers in the Mobile area.
The company also provides vessel support services from its facilities in the United States, Australia, Europe, the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online: Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort fo monetary transaction. Learn more
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.