Job Description :
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The EA Central Development Services group is a critical partner of EA game development teams and a driver for quality and productivity within those teams.
Come and join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in a challenging yet fun and creative environment.
Innovate to keep EA at the bleeding edge of the industry standards for quality and processes to make a difference for thousands of employees and millions of gamers in the world.
We are looking for a Technical Director with a focus on development processes improvements leading the Tiburon studio CDS Technical team to champion change, innovation and quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
Strategy & Planning
Provide strategic planning and direction in the area of integrating, testing, and releasing the tools and infrastructures for the Tools group
Implementation & Deployment
- Lead the development of tools and release strategy
- Drive innovation and manage opportunities
- Be accountable for the technical proficiency of the tools team
- Assist Game Testing owners to understand the technology requirements of their product and plan for service and strategies
- Conduct code reviews, and establish a robust quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and oversee the release process for tools products.
- Monitor tools usage, performance and resolve any failures.
- Provide consulting to game teams and central technology providers on strategies at the component, sub-system, system level and services.
- Provide technical oversight and direction to the embedded and distributed tools development teams responsible for developing and supporting products.
- Oversee internal and external project dependencies, risks and critical paths; ensure contingency plan is in place; recommend solutions and approve plan & timelines; understand overall impact on all stakeholders.
- Drive solutions deployment and collect customer feedback.
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with expectations.
- Promote achievement of the tools team business goals and develop policies for sharing software code, technological innovation and business processes, and other intellectual property.
- Help create a strong and coherent technical community by developing excellent relationships with technical peers in game development teams and other groups throughout EA studios.
- Participate in recruitment, training & coaching of engineers to enhance individual effectiveness and professional growth.