● Manage, train, hire, and complete annual reviews for the Payroll/Tax Administrator and Payroll Clerks.
● Act as the Payroll System Administrator responsible for system implementation, updates, upgrades, training and problem resolution including the payroll and time keeping systems.
● Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual multi-state payroll tax returns including withholding and unemployment returns for USA and Canada.
● Manage compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management on needed actions.
● Oversee and prepare the accumulation and verification of time, labor and distribution of all payroll information.
● Oversee the accumulation, verification, and payment of garnishments.
● Responsible for the analysis and review of all US and Canadian payrolls.
● Resolve problems associated with all US and Canadian payroll processing.
● Manage the reporting of manual check issuances, stop payments and direct deposit reversals.
● Balance assigned payroll accounts and resolve discrepancies.
● Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating payroll policies and procedures.
● Work with Human Resources and associates to address questions regarding payroll and pay checks.
● Maintain a system for vacation tracking.
● Manage the payment of associate expense reimbursements.
● Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability and non taxable wages.
● Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.