- Company:Allied Search Partners
- Posistion Category:Health Care
Science & Technology
Medical Laboratory Director
Allied Search Partners is the leading provider of career minded laboratory professionals. We are looking for a Medical Director for a laboratory in New York, NY. Know someone for this position? We offer a $$ bonus if we place your referral in a position.
For a complete list of current Allied Search Partners openings Nationwide please go to: http://www.alliedsearchpartners.com/careers.php
Position: Medical Laboratory Director
Location: Metro NY
Schedule: Long Term/Permanent Position
Please send resume, availability for a phone screen with us, AND salary expectations to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] or fax to 888 388 7572.
- We are a staffing agency and conduct searches confidentially for our clients either at their request or to protect our resources involved in locating talent. In order to facilitate this we must submit a resume to HR.
- Your resume will only be sent over for the position in this job description
- Our job is to connect talented individuals such as your self with top notch labs
- Full disclosure will be given once HR has requested an interview
- We do not send your information to current or past employers nor do we send your information to anywhere you request that it not be sent
The Medical Director is responsible for the overall leadership, direction, operation and administration of the Clinical Laboratory and for ensuring that all studies are conducted with the highest level of ethical and safety standards and are in compliance with GCP and all regulatory policies
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's laboratory operations and performance.
- Define, implement, and monitor standards of performance in quality control, quality improvement, and cost-effectiveness of the clinical laboratory services.
- Monitor all work performed in the laboratory to determine that medically reliable data are being generated; correlate laboratory data for diagnosis, prognosis and patient management.
- Ensure that testing systems developed and used for each of the tests performed in the laboratory provide quality laboratory services for all aspects of test performance.
- Ensure that the test methodologies selected have the capability of providing the quality of results required for patient care.
- Ensure that there are sufficient qualified personnel with adequate documented training and experience to meet the needs of the laboratory.
- Provide consultations about medical significance of clinical laboratory data. Interpret, correlate, and communicate laboratory data to clinical requestors.
- Leads or supports the preparation of clinical protocols, integrated clinical and statistical summary reports, clinical sections included in various regulatory submissions.
- Relate and function effectively with applicable accrediting and regulatory agencies, appropriate administrative officials, the medical community, the medical device industry, and the patient population served.
- Lead and oversee the Laboratory Directors and Associate Directors.
- Contribute as part of a cross-functional team to the clinical development strategy, including the clinical development plans and operational plans for various malignancies
- Provide effective and efficient administration of the clinical laboratory service including budget planning and control with responsible financial management.
- Provide educational programs for the laboratory staff, and participate in educational programs of the institution.
- Select and monitor all laboratories for quality service
- Implement a safe laboratory environment in compliance with good practice and applicable regulations.
- Supports various meetings with external experts, advisors and business development teams.
- M.D. with board certification in anatomic pathology and hematology/oncology.
- At least 3 years of industry experience as a Medical Laboratory Director.
- Candidates must possess effective communication and influencing skills.
- Critical traits for success include strategic and proactive thinking, strong scientific and analytical skills, decisiveness and the ability to perform as a respected team member and leader.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, and bonus opportunity for reaching stated goals
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Group Health Benefits
- 401K and Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Eligibility for Incentive driven Stock Option Plan.
*This job profile describes the duties and responsibilities of this position. Requirements stated are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job. This position requires at least 40 hours a week and may occasionally require additional time evenings and weekends to meet deadlines or solve unexpected problems. The employee may be asked to perform other job-related duties as required.
**Need a laboratory professional similar to this? Please respond to this email for more information on how we can help you fill this position.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.