Is your career taking you where you want to go?
When it began in 1924 years ago, Saia covered a two-state area: Louisiana and Texas. Today, Saia is one of the most successful LTL carriers in the United States, ranking in the top ten of carriers in the LTL sector. Much of Saia's growth has been accomplished through mergers and acquisitions.
The road to a great career starts with Saia!
Saia, Inc. (NASDAQ: SAIA) is a less-than-truckload provider of regional, interregional and guaranteed services covering 34 states. Saia is home to the industry-leading Xtreme Guarantee product, which guarantees total customer satisfaction from pick-up through invoicing. Saia offers complete North American coverage through partner agreements. With headquarters in Johns Creek, Ga., and a network of 147 terminals, we employ 7,400 people. For more information on Saia, visit the Saia Website at http://www.saiacorp.com/ .
We have immediate opportunities for experienced PT Dock Workers.
Get paid weekly - pay starts at $15.03/hour and goes up automatically every 6 months!!
Monday - Friday
9:00PM to 2:00AM
6:00AM to 11:00am
Saia has a Dock To Driver training program!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Efficiently sort, handle, and load freight into and unload it from over-the-road equipment, containers, city trailers, and/or straight trucks. This position routinely uses pallet jacks and forklifts in the loading and unloading of freight including shipments of Hazardous Materials freight.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Knowledge of safe lifiting technique to load and unload cargo, including heavy, bulky and or cumbersome freight.
- Ability to secure or re-secure cargo by blocking, bracing, using dunnage and other methods.
- Experience operating forklifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks, to move, load, arrange, rearrange and unload freight.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions given orally or in writing, including those on manifests and other shipping documents
- Ability to perform work required in a timely manner and maintain adequate production in order to meet service schedules and customer commitments.
- Ability to handle the customers’ freight safely and efficiently, and communicating tactfully and diplomatically with those individuals with whom the employee will be in contact as a company representative.
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend English
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must possess basic math skills
- Must be able to complete tasks efficiently and timely
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain good attendance
- Must have a safe work record
Saia offers a benefits package to PT Employees who qualify:
401k with 25% match and immediate vesting
Paid Vacation days
Paid Personal/Sick Days
Employee Stock Purchase plan
Employee recognition programs
Become part of the mission…
At Saia, we are guided by a three-part mission that recognizes both our customers' needs as well as the needs of our employees. Based in part on our proprietary CSI (Customer Service Indicators) program, it is a mission that is truly unique in the industry.
Partner with a successful company that built its mission statement around how the company operates each day:
"Provide the best-in-class regional service defined by our Customer Service Indicators with cost-effective processes in an environment that respects employees and recognizes excellence."