Medical Records Specialist I - Home Health
Medical Records Specialist I
Alternate Solutions HomeCare has an opportunity for a Medical Records Specialist II. The primary function of this position is to compile and maintain medical record files timely and accurately.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Other duties as assigned)
1. Sends and tracks timeliness of physician’s orders for signature. Calls and resubmits physician’s orders when necessary.
2. Sends and tracks timeliness of face to face documentation for signature. Calls and resubmits face to face forms when necessary.
3. Tracks incoming physician’s orders for signature. Copies and resubmits physician’s orders when necessary.
4. Complete demographic change requests within database
5. Attends in-office meetings, participates in meetings, and attends educational programs as requested
6. Assist clients, their families, and co-workers in understanding records procedures and order tracking
7. Continually improve position procedures and policies
8. Keep write-offs to a minimum by proactively addressing outstanding required signatures
9. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
This position requires a one year technical degree or one year clerical experience or combination thereof. Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred. Must be able to communicate effectively, and comprehend written and verbal communication. Basic proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and experience working with computers is required.
Please apply online or call (937) 298-1111 with any questions.
Please see requirements above
Founded in 1999 by Tessie and David Ganzsarto, Alternate Solutions HomeCare is recognized as an industry leader in home health care. We have received numerous awards and recognitions for excellence in our field. Alternate Solutions was ranked by HomeCare Elite™ in the top 1% of home health care agencies in the United States. The award is based upon an analysis of performance measures in quality of care, quality improvement and financial performance.