Company: Thyssenkrupp Steel USA LLC.
4 Year Degree
2 to 5 years
ThyssenKrupp Steel USA
is seeking an experienced IT Operations Specialist
to support our developing processing operations in Calvert, Alabama.
Our IT Operations Specialist will:
Daily Tasks Performed
• Carryout aspects of the Event Management process
• Carryout aspects of the Incident Management process
• Directly resolve incidents per existing processes and procedures
• Escalate incidents per existing processes and procedures
• Conduct console monitoring operations, and understand the status of specific systems, applications and other activities
• Directly manage various devices and configuration items in line with business needs
• Ensure that any batch jobs are monitored and complete successfully
• Regularly execute any scheduled house-keeping activities
• Manage major incidents according to the major incident process
• Provide network, voice, server, desktop, database, storage, environment and application support as required
• Regularly improve the Event Management process, specifically in terms of detecting and permanently eliminating false-positive events and alerts
• Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 9001:2008 Team Member Competency Form
• Monitoring of Data Center facilities
• Monitoring of internal and external network services
• Monitoring of application systems (SAP, MES, TWMS and business backend apps) using monitoring tools
• Resolves all system problems as required
Our IT Operations Specialist
will have or demonstrate:
Minimum Job Relevant Knowledge
Minimum Job Relevant Experience
• Demonstrated capability of Microsoft Office products, including SharePoint
• Familiarity with Internet Technologies (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Java)
• Knowledge of application systems.
• Experience with MS Server and Desktop Applications
- 2 to 5 years of related IT Help Desk / IT Operations experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or combination of education and related experience.
Desired Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work with other team members and different end user groups
• Experience with ITIL Best Practices, such as Service Operations Management and Continual Service Improvement
• Moderate knowledge and working experience with Windows, Unix, SQL and Oracle
• Experience working with or using ITSM software service management tools for case management
• Incident Management and Change Management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with global and off-shore teams
• Should have ability to support shift work as needed
• Interest and ability to work at our site operations in Calvert, Alabama
In November of 2007, ThyssenKrupp broke ground on one of the most technologically advanced carbon steel processing facilities in the world to serve high value markets in the Americas. In July of 2010, we began the first of our operations and our Team's journey to become the premier steel producer in the NAFTA market.
Our advanced facilities include a state-of-the-art hot strip mill, cold rolling mill and four coating lines which currently process slabs from ThyssenKrupp CSA's new steel making facility in the Brazilian state of Rio de Janeiro.
When ramped up to full production, we will have an annual capacity of 4.3 million metric tons of American made carbon steel products for customers in the automotive, construction, pipe and tube, service center, and appliance industries.
In Alabama, we have combined two hundred years of metallurgical expertise with the latest in 21st Century technology for demanding customers in the NAFTA market.
Welcome to ThyssenKrupp Steel USA. Welcome to a new standard in steel.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.