Senior Web Applications Developer
Synacor is the country's leading provider of premium service delivery platforms and private-label portals that enable Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to easily bundle a wide variety of free and subscription-only value-added services into their Internet offering. We are looking for somebody who's passionate about all aspects of development - someone who likes to learn new technologies and keep up to date with what’s new and what’s current!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development, documentation, and maintenance of cutting edge web-based applications in our portal and mobile platforms
- Providing technical consultation and expertise to Product Managers and other Synacor staff members
- Participating in technical planning and architectural exercises
- Develop and maintain applications using standard development tools
- Conduct peer reviews in an agile environment
- Maintain current industry knowledge with respect to relevant technology, tools, processes and related best practices
- Other duties as assigned
What we’ll bring to the table:
- 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
- Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
- Award winning company culture
- Casual dress and flexible environment
- Generous paid time off
- Extensive learning and training opportunities: internal training sessions, innovation fests, and much more
- Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A minimum of 4 years of development experience in software or website development; proven experience developing large-scale database-driven applications a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience
- Experience with design principles and implementation including CSS3 and HTML5 (Transitions, Animations, Gradients, Rounded Corners, CSS3 Layouts)
- Experience in Backbone.js and Handlebars client-side templates
- Experience in Mobile Development is preferred
- Able to solve problems, possible solutions in a methodical fashion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet set deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate
Consumers want all the content and services they can imagine—any time, anywhere and on the device of their choosing.
Consumers are clamoring for it. Industry is struggling to deliver it. Enter Synacor, making it all possible. We're the leading provider of next-gen startpages, award-winning TV Everywhere solutions and cloud-based Identity Management (IDM) services. We do our behind-the-scenes tech work on behalf of our customers: cable, satellite, telecom and CE companies. And it all happens in the cloud (and in Buffalo, Boston, Toronto and China). What we do is hard. But Synacor makes it easy so consumers have all the fun. And the best part? All the credit goes to our customers.