At Performance Friction, every employee has a "passion for the product." And it shows. PFC brakes are the top choice in motorsports, winning more championships than any other brake on the market; and the company also makes application specific upgrades for hundreds of domestic and import models. PFC brakes are specified on more fleets nationwide including 40,000 police cars in North America. From NASCAR to emergency response vehicles, Performance Friction's mission is to deliver the absolute best brakes on the market.
We have an immediate need for Process Engineers. In this role, you will work closely with our Process Capability Manager; taking full ownership of maintaining, improving, designing and/or redesigning one or more manufacturing processes.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Machine design or re-design
- Assisting in definition safety standards and productivity standards for new or existing manufacturing process
- Assisting in establishment quality standards and procedures for new or existing manufacturing processes
- Establishing, revising and executing preventive maintenance schedules for new or existing manufacturing processes
- Participating in interdisciplinary teams to define continuous improvement strategies for manufacturing processes to meet customer requirements or to enhance product quality or manufacturing productivity. This will include, but is not limited to, Applications Engineering and Quality departments
- Assisting in the creation or modification of employee training
- 4 year Engineering degree
- Mechanical design
- Hydraulics / Pneumatics
- Electrical knowledge
- New Product / Process Development
- TS 16949
- Material Handling Systems
- Heat Transfer
- SPC, DOE and FMEA
- Vision Systems
- Robotics / Process Automation Technologies
- Knowledge of PLC programming and interfacing
- Solid Works
When it boils down to it, the products we use are a reflection of who we are. You can tell a lot about a person from the products they use. Their character. Their values. Their objectives.
At Performance Friction we have used our mission to build a culture.
We have built our company based on a defiant philosophy: NO COMPROMISES™
It’s a mindset, an attitude, a commitment.