Position Title: Manufacturing Information Technologist (MIT)
Reference Job ID:
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Position Reports To: Plant Engineer
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay level: 6 to 8
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for providing management and end-users with direct assistance, knowledge, and technical support of IT systems. To purchase, install, and maintain all computers, servers, databases, and local area networks (office and plant floor Ethernet/IP control networks). Work with plant and corporate Technical Service Manager “TSM” to determine IT goals and objectives that meet both Corporate and Plant requirements. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
Must be able to perform essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Provide direction with plant systems and coordinates the installation, maintenance and enhancement of computer equipment including PC, thin-clients, servers, and LAN/WAN.
- Assist in end-user training for plant systems and applications.
- Provide plant and corporate TSM with s periodic status report.
- Serve as a liaison between plant, TSM, and Corporate MIS.
- Develop written procedures and training manuals to ensure the user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain enterprise security and IT policies.
- Test and document disaster recovery for all computer platforms within the plant environment according to established standards.
- Develop annual budget for capital and expense requirements for plant systems.
- Provide local project leadership for all system implementations.
- Document new programs and updates in accordance with Kroger standards (ECS & SNAPP).
- Develop, with representatives of other departments or companies, improvements to existing programs and new applications and hardware to ensure servers and critical equipment is backed up on a regular basis, in according with Kroger standards.
Plant Floor Control Systems
- Provide administrative and troubleshooting support for servers, networks, industrial thin client devices, and SCADA applications/systems “Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition”.
- Maintain software licenses (i.e. Rockwell, Wonderware, etc) and provide PLC program database backups via Asset Centre in collaboration with the engineering & maintenance departments to provide the technical advisement for improvement of current plant floor SCADA applications/systems.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Some of the competencies/skills required to successfully perform this position are:
- Analytical Skills: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; identifies data relationships and dependencies, and designs workflows and procedures
- Design: Generates creative design solutions; translates concepts and information into images; applies design principles, and uses feedback to modify designs
- Job Knowledge: Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others, and uses resources effectively