- Company:Allied Search Partners
- Posistion Category:Biotech
Healthcare - Health Services
Science & Technology
Allied Search Partners, the leader in the permanent placement of Laboratory Professionals in the US is looking for a qualified Pathologists’ Assistant for a client in the Omaha, NE area. Know someone for this position? We offer a $$ bonus if we place your referral in a position.
Job Title: Pathologists’ Assistant
Shift: Full time M-F with rotating weekends and holidays
Location: Omaha, NE
To apply: Please send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] or fax to 888 388 7572. No other information about the location or name of facility is given at this time.
- We are a staffing agency and conduct searches confidentially for our clients either at their request or to protect our resources involved in locating talent. In order to facilitate this we must submit a resume to HR.
- Your resume will only be sent over for the position in this job description
- Our job is to connect talented individuals such as your self with top notch labs
- Full disclosure will be given once HR has requested an interview
- We do not send your information to current or past employers nor do we send your information to anywhere you request that it not be sent
Processes specimens for analysis and performs specified surgical pathology procedures under the supervision and direction of the Anatomic Pathology Director and Histology Supervisor. May provide training to lower level Grossing Techs. Follows proper procedures in conjunction with the established quality control requirements and Safety Manuals. Accepts responsibility and performs duties so as to operate the lab in an efficient, economical and businesslike manner. Facilitates communication to the grossing employees on matters of a technical nature, i.e.; changes in grossing protocols, dictation changes, and documentation requirements of grossing “non-pathologist” (PA, Generalist II, etc.) mandated by the CAP.
- Under the direct supervision of the Anatomic Pathology Director, performs dissection and macroscopic description of surgical specimens as outlined in the Surgical Pathology Manual and Grossing Guidelines for non-pathologists.
- Performs all Grossing Tech I, II and III duties.
- Performs routine and more complex laboratory procedures on specimens as directed by supervisor or Anatomic Pathology Director.
- Handle special procedures, i.e. frozen sections, specialty biopsies (breast lymph node, renal), and fine needle aspirations as outlined in the Surgical Pathology manual and Histology Manual under the active supervision of a surgical pathologist.
- Schedule, prepare and send paperwork for autopsies.
- Perform gross and any other special procedures during on call weekends.
- Accurate and detailed data entry of patient and specimen information into computer system.
- Ability to work independently at multiple lab sites.
- Assist with the training of lower level Grossing Techs.
- Provide assistance to various departments by retrieving specimens, reports etc. as requested and routing to proper location.
- Transport specimens to various laboratory sites as required.
- Uses good oral and written communication skills to respond to pathologists, technologists, co-workers, etc.
- Prepare specimens for testing.
- Must maintain confidentiality of patient and specimen information.
- Review of selective parts of patient records for appropriate handling of specimens.
- Photography of gross surgical specimens.
- Routine maintenance of surgical instruments.
- Preparation of tumor conference, lead tours of laboratory and shadowing experiences as requested.
- Adhering to company core values of: Integrity, Customer Focus, Respect, Innovation/Vision, Quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work weekend and holiday rotations.
- Professional demeanor to interact with and respond to pathologist and other managerial requests.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- PA (ASCP) certification.
- At least 1-3 years previous work experience as a pathologists’ assistant.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The work is performed in a laboratory setting thus providing a moderate risk or discomfort from working with infectious material, chemicals and electrical equipment. The employee may be frequently exposed to communicable diseases. Safety precautions for employees will be provided such as screening for various diseases such as hepatitis and offering immunizations as necessary.
*Need a similar position filled in your lab? Contact us today to fill your open laboratory position.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.