Iliff Nursing and Rehabilitation Center located in Dunn Loring, VA is looking for an Occupational Therapy Assistant to join their dedicated, compassionate team.
Assists in providing quality patient care under the supervision of the registered occupational therapist while maintaining a positive level of interaction with facilities and clients, and enhances and expands client relations with facilities and their staff. Works closely with supervising occupational therapist as well as other members of the rehabilitation team. Adheres to applicable state regulations concerning the practice of occupational therapy.
· Optimizes functional abilities and skills of patients under the supervision of the Occupational therapist by assisting in screening and initial evaluation of all patients; implements and executes treatment of all patients who could benefit from intervention; establishes and maintains courteous and helpful interaction patterns with all staff, patients, and families which reflect sensitivity to individual needs and a problem solving approach; appropriately delivers treatment to achieve identified objectives; appropriately documents progress toward identified objectives; communicates to patient, family, staff and other professionals the status and needs of the patient.
· Assists the occupational therapist in building a strong rehabilitative care practice within each facility by establishing and maintaining strong relationships with facility staff. Attends facility meetings as needed and as directed by the occupational therapist. Embraces the team concept and transdisciplinary care.
· Maintains administration requirements by submitting billing, payroll and expense documentation in an accurate and timely manner; assists in collection of statistics and updating records; informs appropriate staff and managers of patient progress and facility issues; and contributes to facility rehab goals and plans.
· Understands managed care/Prospective Payment System (PPS) billing and treatment guidelines. Provides quality care, sets reasonable goals and reaches outcomes within the guidelines.
· Maintains confidentiality of Premier Therapy Services, facility and patient information.
· Able to travel between facilities within Premier Therapy Services’ locations to treat patients.
· Able to work varying hours, including weekends and holidays.
· Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.