210 Westchester Ave.
White Plains, NY 10604
Healthcare - Health Services
At least 3 year(s)
Full-time and per diem positions available for multi-modality Radiologic Technologists with experience in XR, Bone Density, and Mammo and for Radiologic Technologists with MRI and GE experience. The Radiologic Technologist assists the Radiologist in diagnosis and treatment of patients within WMG while maintaining excellent imaging quality.
Job responsibilities include:
- Radiologic technologists must follow physicians’ orders precisely and conform to regulations concerning the use of radiation to protect themselves, their patients, and their coworkers from unnecessary exposure.
- Prepare intravenous contrast media and Initiate IV access when necessary.
- Help patients transfer to the detector or exam table and ensuring adequate patient immobilization to perform exam.
- Verify proper patient identification on the study and route it PACS. Send required information to Virtual Radiologic when indicated.
- Place demographic information in the reading room for interpretation.
- Maintains a daily log of patients seen.
- Operate the equipment to acquire a variety of imaging results.
- Obtains essential information from patients, medical records, and previous scans for clinical correlation.
- Monitor patient reaction to treatment and changes in physical or mental status, reporting change to the appropriate person.
- Prepare and assist patients for radiologic procedures as requested by a physician. Provide patient care with dignity and respect for the individual. Educate patients about the procedures to be performed including contrast material administration and its possible contraindications and adverse effects. Obtain optimum quality images through employment of proper anatomical positioning, slice thickness, radiologic techniques and other required techniques in accordance with the protocols designed by the radiologists.
- Observe and follow safety procedures to include radiation protection and universal precautions.
- Carry out quality control checks on equipment, reporting deficiencies to proper personnel for action.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate flexibility in work assignments.
- Demonstrate commitment of total quality management and the tenets of service excellence by acting in accordance with the organizational mission at all times.
- Keep familiar with changes regarding technology and safety for self, patients, and visitors.
- Process studies onto CD or Film format for patient study requests while maintaining proper HIPPA compliance.
- Maintain Cleanliness of equipment and working area.
- Practice sterile technique and prevent cross contamination.
- Maintain familiarity of the emergency drugs and equipment's location.
- Maintain familiarity with the departments booking, scheduling, duplication, and PACS systems.
Job requirements include:
- New York State license and ARRT Certification.
- XM/Mammo/Bone density multi-modality or MRI/GE experience required.
- Ability to maintain a great knowledge in human anatomy and cross section anatomy, proper positioning skills, and appropriate utilization of protocols and scanning techniques.
- High knowledge with variety of routine procedures and applications.
- Ability to maintain continuing education credits and professional license as required by the New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Environmental Protection, and The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Excellent patient and people skills.