||Elmcroft Senior Living
||Healthcare - Health Services
Hotel - Resort
Skilled Labor - Trades
||At least 5 year(s)
||Charlotte, NC 28226
||Send Email Now
The later years of life can bring many joys and many challenges. At ElmCroft Senior Living, we are committed to making these precious years as fulfilling and enjoyable as possible.
Learn More about Elmcroft Senior Living
ElmCroft Senior Living provides high-quality senior housing and care services throughout the United States. With services ranging from assisted and independent living to skilled nursing, inpatient rehabilitation and memory care, ElmCroft Senior Living is ready to provide the services you need when you need them.
Caring for seniors is truly our passion. ElmCroft Senior Living employees are people with generous hearts, warm spirits and genuine compassion for others. We consider ourselves trusted members of your extended family with a tremendous responsibility to you and your loved ones.
Based in Louisville, Kentucky, ElmCroft Senior Living operates 74 ElmCroft Senior Living facilities, including 46 assisted living communities, 19 skilled nursing facilities, five multilevel retirement communities and four rehabilitation hospitals in 15 states.
Visit the Site
A dynamic and growing leader in Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, Elmcroft Senior Living is a Louisville based senior housing company dedicated to providing quality care to residents and patients. We are looking for dedicated and passionate individuals who want to learn and grow with our organization.
We are currently seeking a Regional Maintenance Director. This position indirectly supervises maintenance directors at the communities and is responsible for coordinating the performance and maintenance/repairs of the physical structures of buildings and community grounds.
- Extensive travel is required in order to meet the demands of this position. This region encompasses buildings in VA, NC, SC, Eastern TN, GA and FL.
- This position is responsible for budgetary development and analysis.
- This position coordinates various projects related to construction, preventive maintenance, life safety, physical plant and property in accordance with Elmcroft's Policy and Procedure Manual.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities.
- Identify and define a comprehensive long term three year capital plan for preventive maintenance and life safety for all designated Elmcroft communities.
- Successfully plan and manage all major community capital projects within predetermined budget and time parameters.
- Oversee budgeted capital expenditures by supporting the annual capital budget plan for all designated Senior Care communities.
- Support community operating budgets with the Facility Management Department by acting as a resource and consultant.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs for all designated Elmcroft communities, including providing training and support as necessary.
- Measured by achievement of materially deficiency-free state surveys in all designated Senior Care communities.
- Resident satisfaction levels for maintenance categories meet or exceed company averages.
- Preventive maintenance is reviewed routinely as outlined in Elmcroft's Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Possesses complete knowledge of budgeting (development, implementation, and management).
- Visits all designated communities on a pre-determined routine basis reviewed with the V. P. of Facilities Management.
- Oversees all painting at all designated communities, or oversees the work of contractors to maintain an attractive and safe building, inside and out.
- Performs structural review of masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of communities to maintain an attractive and safe building, inside and out.
- Oversees the performance of physical plant maintenance activities, such as life safety, telephone/nurse call systems as well as keeping outside areas of building attractive, safe, and clutter-free.
- Oversees the performance of general contracting and maintenance of communities, including all preventive maintenance programs as designed by the Vice President of Facilities Management.
- Inspects and services HVAC and environmental control systems; or oversees the work of contractors.
- Inspects and services wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment; or oversees the work of contractors.
- Inspects and services plumbing systems and installations for conformance to governmental codes, sanitation standards, and construction specifications; or oversees the work of contractors.
- Assists other departments as requested.
- Reviews all requisition tools, equipment, and supplies; and maintains records on all in-house equipment.
- Abides by all state and federal safety regulations including OSHA, EPA, MSDS, and NFPA.
- Performs preventive maintenance according to Elmcroft policies and procedures in order to assure the community and its contents remain operable and in good condition. Reviews the maintenance calendar to ensure compliance, making note of any exceptions.
- Handles all chemicals according to manufacturer’s directions. Keeps all chemicals under lock and key when not in use for safety of residents.
- Reviews the performance of fire, tornado, and other disaster drills as necessary to prepare staff and residents for an emergency and to satisfy the requirements of state regulations.
- Manages expenses within predetermined budget parameters.
- Possesses complete knowledge of the fire evacuation and disaster policy of each community, and participates as assigned in fire and disaster drills.
- Develops community plans for:
- Evacuation Planning
- Earthquake Preparedness
- Tornado Procedures
- Elevator Malfunction Procedure
- Bomb Threat
- Long Term Power Failure
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personal and health information concerning residents and staff.
- Other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft Senior Living.
Equal Opportunity Employer
College preferred, with a minimum of a high school diploma and five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Licenses/Certifications: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing preferred. Must have an active driver's license without provisions.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.