This position is located in Lakeland, Florida and candidates must be willing to relocate.
CE Power is looking for talented, honest, energetic, self-motivated individuals who are interested in joining a dynamic, growing team which will value the diversity and talents of each person. CE Power provides an opportunity to be associated with leading edge industry solutions, and a company known for quality and integrity.
The management team of CE Power is dedicated to providing an exciting, fun and safe working environment which allows employees the opportunity and resources to achieve maximum potential in serving the marketplace as well as the communities around them.
Compensation & Benefits:
Employees of CE Power enjoy competitive compensation packages including vacations/holidays, 401K, medical and dental benefits plans, and an inspiring work environment designed to foster personal and professional growth and development.
Power Design Engineer Job Summary:
The Power Design Engineer is responsible for performing engineering design activities to fulfill customer orders working under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, Project Manager and/or General Manager. This includes technical and engineering support of field work, and office work performing design and generating reports. The Power Design Engineer is expected to have the ability to lead complex design and construction projects from the office with no more than 20% travel.
Power Design Engineer Duties & Responsiblities:
1. Understand technical capabilities for testing relays, circuit breakers, transformers, motor control equipment, and related switchgear, including synch check, and point-to-point verifications.
2. Experience and understanding protection and control schemes is required.
3. Proficiency with transformer theory and application.
4. Knowledge of rotating equipment theory.
5. Proficiency with DC control schematics and AC-3-line schematics.
6. Proficiency with metering configurations.
7. Support the sales effort assisting with estimates, quotations, and job walks including augmenting the quote group with application engineering.
8. Remain current on all safety and technical training.
9. Able to design in AutoCAD or similar system.
10. Perform arc flash studies, coordination studies and short circuit analysis (load flow analysis, grounding & lightning protection studies, infrared scans, etc.).
11. Experience with Paladin, Easy Power, or SKM required.
12. Provide design leadership with regard to substation systems and electrical power systems. Understanding of and application of NEC/NFPA70, ANSI C57, ANSI C37, and NESC in the design of substations and industrial power.
13. Assess project specific resource needs and coordinate assignments with project manager. Communicate core technical job requirements.
14. Initiate plans and processes which minimize project costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, and materials. Assure attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our customer’s expectations.
15. Coordinate with the Engineering Project Manager on the master engineering resource schedule as well as forecasting upcoming engineering requirements/needs including non-job related training schedules.
16. Oversee projects from start to finish for process discipline and compliance with Company standard practices and procedures.
17. Coordinate proper project handoff between sales and operations/engineering.
18. Participate in Project Kickoff meetings to discuss in detail work scope, project specifications, budgets, schedules, and safety requirements with project team.
19. Effectively communicate with other departments to assure activities are properly coordinated.
20. Ensure timely and accurate invoicing for all engineering projects by providing all paperwork in a like manner; these include Service Acknowledgement Forms (SAFs), weekly time keeping, documentation of change orders, test reports, and other documents as required by the project deliverables.
21. Consult and coordinate as necessary to utilize suppliers with the capabilities to meet material and equipment needs for shop and field activities. Responsible for expediting and resolving issues regarding material and equipment availability.
22. Oversee all required documentation and records related to assigned projects and file in the proper location for reference and backup.
23. Train and coach new engineers on all of the above.
24. Adhere to all company, industry and client safety protocols and standards.