Android Application Developer (Amsterdam, relocation included)
Android Application Developer
Currently living in the Netherlands or prepared to relocate to the Netherlands
As an Android mobile application developer, you will be developing and extending the existing code base of our Booking.com application. You will work with colleagues in the mobile team and with external developers to improve and implement features which our users interact with directly. The successful candidate will be passionate about coding and have an excellent eye for detail and an absolute commitment to making sure features are well implemented. Your role is within the development team, part of a growing team of mobile specialists.
- Maintained and enhanced Android application;
- Translating requirements and mock-ups into fully functioning features;
- Developed new and existing Android applications features;
- Provide estimates on development cycles;
- Implement conversion experiments (A/B tests);
- Partnered with designers to help define and implement User Interface improvements;
- Worked with team members on server-side integration;
- Ensure to build an Android application that can be widely accepted.
How we work
We make our design decisions based on experiments and testing. By measuring experiments results based on conversions we decide on which features to implement.
Android Application Developer
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with Android application development using Android SDK;
- Expert knowledge of Java;
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for software development;
- 5+ years of experience as a developer
- Strong interaction and design sense
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player;
- Fully comfortable working in English, both in writing and spoken.
- Willing/Able to relocate to Amsterdam
- It would be a plus if you had:
- Experience with Android Market place & Distribution Proces
- An approved Store App
- SQL knowledge and/or willingness to lear
- Experience working with A/B testing
Work at Booking
There are many benefits in joining the Booking.com team. We offer a competitive salary, attractive bonus plan, 26 days of annual leave, commuting reimbursement, a pension scheme, travel perks through Booking.com, and training opportunities. In addition, we offer relocation packages and work sponsorship for worldwide candidates to join our growing IT team in Amsterdam! You are you, We are Booking!
We are a global company headquartered in the beautiful city of Amsterdam. Our culture is built around good ideas and a collaborative environment. We all share the responsibility to make our company even better. We believe that every employee can add their own unique value to the company, just by being you. We invite you to make your own mark on the company. Together we can set off on an exciting journey.
Apply directly on our web-site at www.booking.com/jobs
Booking.com B.V., part of Priceline.com (Nasdaq: PCLN), owns and operates Booking.com™, the leading worldwide online hotel reservations agency by room nights sold, attracting over 30 million unique visitors each month via the Internet from both leisure and business markets worldwide.
Established in 1996, Booking.com B.V. guarantees the best prices for any type of property, ranging from small independent hotels to five-star luxury properties through Booking.com. The Booking.com website is available in 41 languages and offers over 244,485 hotels in 176 countries.
To help travelers of all backgrounds easily discover, book, and enjoy the best places to stay in the world.
At Booking.com, we offer an informative, user-friendly website with the best prices guaranteed. Our goal is to provide business and leisure travelers with the easiest to use and most cost-effective way to discover and book from a broad selection of accommodations, wherever they travel in the world.
Our multilingual customer service team and call center provide dedicated assistance and advocacy for all our customers.