OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Occasional travel may be required for training sessions, continuing education opportunities, emergency situations, and other company functions.
2. Responsible for knowledge of fire and safety procedures including those involving blood-borne pathogens.
3. Remain in proper attire at all times and maintain a high standard of appearance.
4. Maintain current certifications and acquire new certifications as opportunities arise through professional improvement workshops and conferences focused on current affairs in wellness, exercise, health sciences, and the senior services industry.
5. Interact well with marketing tours and prospective members, residents, and families.
6. Maintain excellent member/resident, family, and employee relations. Handle complaints and recommendations constructively.
7. Complete company assigned monthly training sessions via the Silverchair website.
8. Perform other duties as assigned by the Wellness Director.
9. Serve as a resource in Wellness Director’s absence and as necessary substitute teach Wellness Director’s classes and programs.
10. Occasionally, you will be required to operate a vehicle of either your own or company-owned for designated company purposes or facilitate resident/member needs and/or requests.
- High school graduation or GED required.
- Four year college or university degree desired (preferably in Exercise Science or related field).
- Certifications in CPR, AED, and Group Exercise REQUIRED.
- Certifications from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, ASFA, NSCA or other nationally recognized and accredited fitness association preferred.
- Aquatic certification preferred.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Group Exercise instructor experience required.
- Three years experience as a personal trainer desired.
- Three years of exercise or wellness experience with seniors desired.
- One to three years experience teaching aquatic based classes desired.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) plus the
willingness to learn other computer programs if required.
- Ability to work with minimal or close supervision.
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with a high level of
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record as specified by the Company and by the Company’s automobile insurance carrier.
- Work indoors for the majority of the work day (fluorescent lights, HVAC
system, carpeted, concrete and tile flooring, normal exercise and pool facility
noise levels and temperatures).
- Climb up to two flights of stairs occasionally.
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head.
- Move objects of 40 pounds or less.
- Ability to work in time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Sit in a chair / stand for extended periods.
- Respond to medical emergencies in all areas of the community as needed.
- Assist with member/resident evacuations.