PROCESS METALLURGIST - STEEL MILL
*RELOCATION AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE*
We are seeking a seasoned metallurgist with either melt or finishing/forging experience to provide exceptional hands on process of our products in our state of the art and technology facility.
WHAT DOES THIS JOB ENTAIL?
The Process Metallurgist (PM) position will provide operational and project support related to order processing and the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of processes and products that safely and cost-effectively meet or exceed customer demands for quality, consistency, and on-time performance. The Process Metallurgist (PM) will report directly to the Manager, Premium Alloy Metallurgy and will solicit technical consultation from members of the technical groups. The PM will coordinate activities with Supply Chain, Quality, and Operations employees to ensure compliance with company and customer quality procedures and specifications. The PM will interact directly with management and employees in the premium melting and forge plants to develop and implement products, initiatives and solutions to meet customer demands. The PM will also interact with other members of the organization to collaborate on various projects and initiatives.
Process/Product Development & Improvement:
• Initiate, develop, and implement plans that will improve existing process and product quality and consistency, in line with objectives established by management.
• Initiate, develop, and implement manufacturing plans, processes and procedures related to new products, in line with objectives established by management.
• Ensure compliance with established quality systems and procedures.
• Review and investigate customer claims and and internal CARs and prepare resolution reports, as assigned.
• Lead and manage assigned product development initiatives and projects, ensuring timely and effective results that support cost effective implementation of customer demands.
• Develop capabilities regarding SPC, SQC, Lean, etc.
• Report on metrics related to development and production, utilizing computer technology to ensure timely and efficient communication.
• Participate in the Specific Product Design (SPD) process to meet customer expectations
• Support OEM qualification activities.
• Review test results for compliance with product specifications/customer requirements.
• Determine root cause and ensure implementation of corrective actions through analysis of rejects and non-conformities, interacting directly with customers to resolve customer-generated complaints and ensure satisfaction.
• Ensure personal compliance with safety policies and rules. Promote a safety culture.
• Ensure personal compliance with applicable regulatory standards (safety, environmental, health), reporting any issues not immediately resolvable to appropriate manager.
• Participate in the safety observation program.
• Participate in incident and/or accident investigations as requested.
WHY ARE YOU INTERESTED?
We also offer an excellent benefit package that includes: