ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS - ACHIEVE JOB FAIR
ACHIEVE, the area's premier provider of services to individuals with developmental disabilities throughout Broome and Tioga County is holding an on-site Job Fair for various open positions:
Wednesday, June 5th
4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
47 Riverside Dr
Johnson City, NY 13790
Job Fair for people interested in working for ACHIEVE!
Visit our website for a list of current openings at www.achieveny.org
Please bring your resume. We look forward to seeing you at this event!
* Please include an ACHIEVE application with your resume to be considered for a position *
POSITION: Assistant Residence Manager
DEPARTMENT: Residential Services
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Residence Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Assistant Residence Manager is responsible for directly providing services to residents that will enable them to live as independently as they are able in a safe and healthy environment. The specific duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1. Providing supervision to individuals within and on the grounds of the residence to assure their health and safety.
2. Providing training and assistance to individuals in order to help them develop and/or improve skills in the areas of grocery shopping, menu planning, cooking, laundry skills, household cleaning, yard work, etc.
3. Providing training and assistance to individuals with personal hygiene needs. This includes, but not limited to toothbrushing, toileting, showering, shaving, menses care, etc.
4. Providing assistance and training to help individuals in developing good money management skills. This includes banking, comparison shopping, paying for items and making change, etc.
5. Responsible for providing people with personal spending money. This includes maintaining individual expense sheets, securing the person’s signature acknowledging receipt of the money and/or approval of the expenditure, collecting receipts and/or change and purchasing assistance when appropriate.
6. Assist individuals in becoming fully integrated into their communities by providing assistance and training in accessing community services and events.
7. Assist in the development and implementation of individual goal plans as assigned by the direct supervisor.
8. Provide assistance and transportation for individuals to medical/health related appointments where transportation is unavailable or inappropriate or as dictated by the person’s needs.
9. Coordinating and/or provide opportunities for social /recreational activities. Provide supervision and assistance on all activities in accordance with agency policies and procedures (swimming policy, community outing policy, van attendance sheets, etc.)
10. Responsible for adherence to agency incident and accident policies and procedures. This includes but is not limited to completion of the incident and accident report forms, making appropriate notifications, completion of the incident/accident logs, etc.
11. Responsible for adherence to Part 633 (Rights) and part 624 (Abuse) regulations. This includes immediately reporting any concerns with respect to the violation of a person’s rights, actual and/or suspected abuse.
12. Maintain certification in medication administration after completion of an OMRDD approved course.
13. Administer medications as prescribed, take verbal orders for medications for the physician, order medications, fill prescriptions, dispose of medications as required and complete medication documentation in accordance with policy and procedure.
14. Responsible for immediately reporting any health and safety issues to the direct supervisor and/or program administration.
15. Provide training, supervision and direction to direct care staff on your scheduled shift. This includes reporting immediately any personnel related issues (lateness, unscheduled absences, leaving shift early, excessive personal calls, stealing, reporting to work under the influence of drugs or alcohol, etc.) to program administration.
16. Conduct fire drills and document according to policy. Report immediately any concerns with fire equipment or individuals having difficulty evacuating.
17. Attend all required training (within the mandated time frames) and staff development programs in order to increase and develop necessary work skills to assure the health and safety of the people we serve and to provide quality services.
18. Intervene in crisis and/or emergency situations as needed following agency policy. This may include contacting the fire department, police department, and/or ambulance.
19. Provide first aid as needed in accordance with the symptoms, person’s history and accepted first aid practices.
20. Attend scheduled house meetings.
21. Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor, program administration, and/or agency administration.
-A valid driver’s license and good driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
-Obtaining and maintaining certification in Medication Administration, CPR, First Aid and SCIP.
-Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 to 50 pounds depending on site placement.
-Responsible for following agency safety and health policies, procedures and rules.
Associates degree with some experience working with the mentally retarded or developmentally disabled preferred.
A combination of education and experience that in the opinion of the reviewing agency meets or exceeds the above standards of the program.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: ACHIEVE does not place recruitment advertising on Craig’s List. Any position postings viewed on this site are from another source. Please be aware that any application sent through a link associated with a Craig’s List position posting may not be received or viewed by ACHIEVE."