Is your career taking you where you want to go?
When it began in 1924 years ago, Saia covered a two-state area: Louisiana and Texas. Today, Saia is one of the most successful LTL carriers in the United States, ranking in the top ten of carriers in the LTL sector. Much of Saia's growth has been accomplished through mergers and acquisitions.
The road to a great career starts with Saia!
Saia, Inc. (NASDAQ: SAIA) is a less-than-truckload provider of regional, interregional and guaranteed services covering 34 states. Saia is home to the industry-leading Xtreme Guarantee product, which guarantees total customer satisfaction from pick-up through invoicing. Saia offers complete North American coverage through partner agreements. With headquarters in Johns Creek, Ga., and a network of 147 terminals, we employ 7,400 people. For more information on Saia, visit the Saia Website at http://www.saiacorp.com/ .
We have immediate opportunities for experienced Class A Line Haul Drivers in Grand Prairie, TX.
Now Offering $1000 Sign On Bonus!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Line Haul Drivers operate various tractor-trailer combinations for extended periods of time, over long distances, between company terminals or yards, company facilities and customer facilities or work sites to pick up, transport, and deliver freight.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Possess class A CDL with doubles/triples and either hazmat or tankers endorsements
- Minimum 12 months of tractor trailer driving experience
- Must have recent tractor trailer driving experience within the past 24 months
- Over the road driving experience
- Good safety record
- Experience hauling doubles (and triples where applicable)
- Experience with hooking/unhooking trailers from tractor itself and the pushing, pulling, placing, lifting and attaching or detaching of various types of converter gear when necessary
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- Knowledge of safe lifting techniques
- Knowledge of proper loading/unloading techniques
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Email)
- Possess excellent customer service relations
- Experience with record keeping and shipment documentation
Saia offers Line Haul Drivers:
- Generally receive two consecutive days off each week
- Linehaul runs include either system or dedicated runs, with some runs allowing the driver to be home every day (varies by terminal and run availability)
- Average 2,500 miles a week
- Paid New Hire Training: new drivers attend orientation and 5 days of training with a Driver Trainer
- Hazmat handling and forklift training
- Smith System training
Saia offers an excellent benefits package that you can afford!
Health Insurance - Medical/Rx/Vision/EAP with LOW COST employee contributions
Employee Only: $12.00/week
Employee +1 Dependent: $25.50/week
Employees with 10 or more years of service do not pay Employee Contributions!!
Other great benefits include:
- Optional Dental Insurance
- Free Health Insurance after 10 years of service (no employee contributions)!!
- Free Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Free Short-term disability
- Optional Long-term disability coverage
- Other optional benefits such as supplemental life insurance, supplemental accidental death & dismemberment, critical illness insurance
- 401(k) plan with 25% match and immediate vesting
- Paid Vacation days, holidays and Personal/Sick Day
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Paid weekly
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Credit Union
- Scholarship program
- Employee recognition programs
- Safety Awards program
PAY: $0.4650 - 0.5500 cents per mile PLUS $1000 Sign On Bonus!
Become part of the mission…
At Saia, we are guided by a three-part mission that recognizes both our customers' needs as well as the needs of our employees. Based in part on our proprietary CSI (Customer Service Indicators) program, it is a mission that is truly unique in the industry.
Partner with a successful company that built its mission statement around how the company operates each day:
"Provide the best-in-class regional service defined by our Customer Service Indicators with cost-effective processes in an environment that respects employees and recognizes excellence."