[Presbyterian Senior Living - ]
|See all jobs at this companyPrinter-Friendly Version |
Email this job | Save this job
REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR
Registered Nurse Supervisor
Part-time and Per-Diem/On- Call Positions
Responsibilities of Registered Nurse Supervisor Includes:
- The Registered Nurse Supervisor is responsible for the total care of all residents in the facility on assigned shift.
- This includes the supervision of personnel as well as medical activities directed by the physician.
- Tasks include supervision, assignment, and development of personnel
- inter and intradepartmental communication, customer satisfaction, leadership
- quality assurance and quality improvement.
- Coordinates resident care with other departments.
- Supervises nursing operations in compliance with federal, state, and local laws, and with facility policies
- coordinates and communicate facility operations
- assists with training, supervision, appraisals and implementing corrective action for nursing personnel.
- Participates in preparation of nursing schedules within budgetary guidelines
- plans directions, and provides resident care according to physician orders
- participates in the completion of the resident assessment form and provides input into development of resident Interdisciplinary Care Plans.
- Administers medications and treatments in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and with facility policies and procedures.
- Communicates changes in resident's condition in timely fashion to include but not limited to physician, other disciplines, the following shift, and family members.
- Makes rounds to assess quality of care performance and teamwork by employees, assuring quality service.
- Performs venipuncture to obtain blood specimens according to faciliy practice.
- Initiates and maintains IV therapy including administration of IV medications according to facilty practice.
- Assists nursing management with budgetary development and control.
- Coordinates adequate pharmaceutical supplies with consulting pharmacy.
- Responds to family concerns and complaints.
- Established open lines of communication between all nursing personnel and consistently takes follow-up action as necessary.
- Assures that resident abuse does not occur
- responds to all resident call bells regardless of assignment.
- May act in the absence of the Director of Nursing or Administrator/Executive Director.
- Accountable for and abides by the standards set for in the PHI Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Maintains confidentiality and rights of resident, family, employee, and facility information in compliance with PHI HIPAA policies and applicable regulations.
- Maintains safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices.
- Perofrms all duties in compliances with all applicable federal and state rules and regulations and facility policies and procedures.
Registered Nurse Supervisor
Requirements for Registered Nurse Supervisor:
- Health Insurance including Prescription Medication Plan
- "Vision / Dental
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan and voluntary 403(b)
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Part-time Differential
Presbyterian Senior Living is a faith based provider of a full range of senior services. Our
mission is to provide high quality services imbued with compassion
and respect for those we serve. Presbyterian Senior Living has the strength of a large
organization with communities that are sized to allow employees to know
each resident and each other.
Presbyterian Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
||Copyright © 2009 Presbyterian Senior Living. All rights reserved.