Sr. Specialist (Program Management)
Toyota Boshoku offers a fast-pace and diverse environment, competitive compensation packages, comprehensive health care, 401(k), relocation assistance for some positions, tuition reimbursement, and the opportunity to make a significant impact working towards becoming a truly global company in Automotive Interior Components, Filtration and Power Train Components, Textiles, and other businesses
- Primary Job Function: Lead a program team using organizational skills and interpersonal skills, to accomplish the tasks outlined by the company and its customer.
II. Primary Responsibilities:
- To manage and develop a team environment for all aspects of a program.
- This will include but not limited to: Organize engineering activities, manage and track quality objectives, track costs objectives, plan and develop timelines to meet internal and customer milestones, and to be the primary focal point for the program.
- It is also the duty of the engineering program manager to hold regular meetings internally and with the customer to report the status of the program, using standard reporting formats.
The engineering program manager must delegate tasks to the appropriate departments and to use problem solving techniques when issues arise.
- Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- A minimum of 8 years experience in automotive tier one manufacturing.
- Have the ability to create a clear and detailed development plan, ensure that the program is feasible and stays on course per the program directives.
- Must have skills to develop a step-by-step plan with clearly defined tasks and to make sure the team stays on a timeline. Utilization of Excel and MS Project is a necessity.
- Display dynamic problem solving skills, think quickly about how to address problems as they come up, learn and document from the program issues to prevent reoccurrence.
- Must be able to multi task, handle diversity and provide leadership through problem resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including strong leadership ability are required.
- Understanding of basic engineering calculations, cost analysis, and an understanding of basic accounting.
Language Skills: English is the primary language. Spanish and Japanese are beneficial but not required.
Computer/Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Database applications
- Work Environment/Conditions:
Office: Open Office Environment
Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 25 percent.
- Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, talk, see and hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.