Repair / Maintenance Services
Location: Miami, FL
Reports To: Business Manager
Summary of Responsibilities: Paints vacant and occupied apartments as well as common and public areas as directed by Maintenance Supervisor or office staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities specifically assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Report any potential safety hazards on site to supervisor.
- Paint in a prompt and workmanlike manner all vacant apartments as assigned.
- Paint in a prompt and workmanlike manner all occupied apartments as assigned, taking appropriate care to protect all personal possessions and furnishings of the resident.
- Maintain all public or common area painted surfaces on the property as directed.
- Inform the Maintenance Supervisor each month of current inventory of paint and painting supplies as well as anticipated needs for the coming month.
- Maintain all equipment and paint storage areas in a clean and safe manner.
- Possession of basic tools required for proficient job completion.
- Complete basic MSRs that do not require technical knowledge or certification.
- Keep grounds/common areas clean and litter-free.
Qualifications: These requirements represent the education, knowledge, skill, certifications/licensure and/or ability required to perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties noted above.
- The qualified individual should have one year painting experience and be qualified to operate a paint spraying machine.
- Must be able to read, speak, and write in English. Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, simple correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple notes and to fill out a Maintenance Service Request. Ability to communicate with residents and other employees.
- Must be able to understand and follow owner’s manufactures instructions.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these calculations using units of weight, measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Able to read and understand paint and paint cleaning solution containers.
- Knowledgeable regarding ladder safety.
- Reliable and a team player.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- High degree of professionalism in appearance and demeanor
- Commitment to quality results
- Dependability, integrity, and willingness to learn
- Proven time management skills
- Adaptability, flexibility, and champion of change for improvements and efficiencies
- Ability to build teamwork