The Medical Assistant, under the direction of the Area Manager and as
coordinated through the Practice Manager, will work within the scope of MA
practice in a primary care or speciality physician practice setting, and
shall provide patient care, including but not limited to:
. Performing nursing procedures
. Participating and facilitating patients and family teaching
. Participating and facilitating patients self-management goal setting
. Communicating pertinent information to other members of the health care
. Maintaining standards for professional practice by demonstrating
. competent age appropriate clinical skills
. High school education or its equivalent required.
. Must have one or more of the following qualifications fo the Medical Assistant:
- Be a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical
- Graduated from an accredited medical assistant program.
- Have at least 3 years of direct medical assisting experience in a
physician practice setting in the last 5 years.
. BLS Certification – (Required within 90 days of hire.)
. EPIC/EMR experience strongly preferred.
Some of the medical assistant / registrar positions require bilingual skills (certified to translate a plus).
Currently there are full time positions at several of our locations in the
Cincinnati and Springfield, OH areas. If you are interested in applying to
one or more of our MA openings at our physician practices, please email your resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resume] or visit our
website at www.mercy.jobs and search for the positions using a keyword
search. You will then be able to look through our current openings and
apply to the location(s) you prefer.
Mercy Health is an established healthcare provider that has been serving Greater Cincinnati for more than 160 years. Mercy provides an integrated network of leading physicians, compassionate caregivers, comprehensive services and exceptional care at more than 80 locations across the region. The Mercy Health network of care includes award- winning hospitals, senior living communities, primary care and specialty physician practices, outpatient centers, social service agencies, fitness centers and a variety of outreach programs
We’d like to be your destination workplace for Total Career Wellness. It’s a concept that means offering exceptional programs for professional and personal growth and career development, as well as advancement potential. It also means providing a working environment with balance and collaboration. Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Prescription drug plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Free onsite parking, credit union and cafeteria discounts
- 403(b) with matching contributions
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- Wellness and weight loss programs
- Discounted memberships at fitness centers
- Discounts for holistic therapies
- Spiritual retreats (RISEN Program)
- Lift program, to teach staff about safety and reducing injury
Mercy Health only hires individuals who do not engage in the use of tobacco products. Testing is conducted as part of the pre-placement examination. To test negative, you must refrain from tobacco use or nicotine replacement products for 90 days.