IPM derives its competitive advantage from its values-driven, self-motivated, and highly skilled employees: its most important asset. Therefore, IPM must ensure that employees are challenged, provided continual opportunities for growth, and treated fairly, with respect and dignity.
It is the company’s intent to maximize job security. The company’s culture must, in a disciplined yet motivating fashion, forever embrace continuous improvement and teamwork and defy complacency in any form.
Learn More about Integrated Project Management
Visit Our Website
||Integrated Project Management
||4 Year Degree
||5 to greater than 15 years
||Up to 50%
Project Management Consultant, Engineering
The Project Management Consultant is experienced in leadership, accountable for overall project implementation, and will work with clients in food & beverage, industrial, and/or consumer products industries. We need a change agent who is passionate, has high energy, and is results-oriented with a creative and analytical mind. We look for folks with experience with advanced project management tools and processes. You should have the ability to manage critical situations.
As a Project Management Consultant, your primary goals and focus will be to:
- Integrate into client environment to effectively lead project teams while building positive professional relationships with clients and associates.
- Define project objectives, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfill objectives and satisfy project requirements.
- Develop and drive integrated project plans, aligning project tactics with project strategy.
- Establish, maintain, and lead high performance project teams, serving as the project advocate within the client organization.
- Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
- Lead risk management within project teams, ensuring risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
The Project Management Consultant will spend 80-100% of the time at the client facility. In order to satisfy this requirement, travel outside the local area may be required. To ensure appropriate support from your colleagues and the perpetuation of our special culture, our Consultants reside near one of our four offices.
The Project Management Consultant will also:
- Manage projects within established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting and exceeding IPM project management standards.
- Develop and document high-level strategies for accomplishing specific project objectives.
- Facilitate and lead effective project meetings, manage change and conflict, and develop resource planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity.
- Support project management team members to ensure success of projects while maintaining customer service focus.
The ideal candidate for this Project Management Consultant position will possess the following:
Required Experience and Training:
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- 8-20+ years of industry experience in the food & beverage, industrial, and/or consumer products industries.
- 5+ years of project management experience related to one or more of IPM’s business offerings: product development and lifecycle management, business process optimization, strategic business consulting, capital project management, and operations optimization.
- Knowledge and application of a disciplined project management process (Six Sigma and Project Management Professional certifications are a plus).
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively communicate and build relationships with a broad spectrum of audiences at all organizational levels.
- Sound technical aptitude and proven ability to grasp general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies with superior computer usage skills.
- Strong competencies in planning, project management, and organization with the ability to lead multiple activities and resources while maintaining a focus on quality.
- Solid analytical and strategic capabilities and business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct and appearance.
- Ability to produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations.
- Interstate, intrastate, and international travel may be required.
- Average working hours between 40-50 per week.
- Field exposure to various manufacturing, industrial, commercial, or institutional environments.
- Full-time employment with a growing company whose management is committed to job stability
- Bench time in between projects dedicated to personal and professional development
- Formal new hire orientation to position you for success
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Annual performance bonus potential
- Philanthropy driven culture
- Paid training and certification
- 100% promotion from within
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, and life insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Business development incentives
- Quarterly social activities
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Assistance with relocation
Qualified applicants should submit a resume in Word or PDF format.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
||Send Email Now