Our client is looking for an outstanding VP of Project Management to join their leadership team and lead all project management aspects of their organization. This is a unique opportunity to provide critical strategic and day-to-day management support in the area of project management. Your specific areas of responsibility will include:
1) Enable and drive project strategy development
2) Ensure the generation and maintenance of integrated project plans (options development, risks management, opportunities identification, timing) that reflect the approved balance of scope, time and resources
3) Ensure execution of all cross-functional project activities
4) Identify activities on the critical path
5) Ensure continuous consistency with project strategy
6) Allow scientists to focus on science
7) Chair formal or ad hoc internal management processes regarding project decision points, challenges
8) Work with project managers to identify key issues and identify means to resolve
9) Strive for the alignment of team members, projects goals and global functions
10) Work collaboratively with line heads and project leaders to develop high performing teams based on the expertise and contributions of its members, systematic decision making, an open and trusting team environment, efficient collaboration and communication, shared responsibility and the co-ordination of work towards a common goal
11) Serve as neutral facilitator, communicate openly and timely, horizontally and vertically in order to achieve transparency of project progress and lead to resolve conflicts in good faith
12) Apply knowledge of the industry and the competitive environment
13) Regularly update internal portfolio systems
14) Supervise and develop project managers
15) Be accountable for development and quality of project materials and documentation (strategy, integrated plans, schedules, risk plans...)
More questions? Want to know the Salary range? Keep reading.
The best way to get more details is to click ‘Apply’, upload your resume, and ENTER YOUR QUESTIONS in the ‘Cover Letter’ field. A recruiter will call you and answer all of your questions (if they feel you are a fit for the role). Your resume will be kept CONFIDENTIAL – we respect your privacy. Our Recruiters are more likely to respond to your questions if they know you are *seriously* interested, and prefer to know a little bit about your background before calling.
1) Follow our CEO on Twitter for status-updates about your job application:http://www.twitter.com/sterlinghoffman
2) Add our CEO on Facebook:
We will try to respond to your questions privately via Twitter or Facebook only.
TAGS: Biotechnology Jobs, Pharmaceutical Jobs, Medical Device Jobs, Small Molecule, Biologic, Oncology, Hematology, Dermatology, Neurology, Cardiology, Urology, Nephrology, Vaccine, Disease, Drug Development, Surgery, Physician, EMR, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Scientist, R&D, Clinical Research, Clinical Trial, Regulatory Affairs, Nutraceutical, Surgeon, MD, Hospital, Immunology, Quality, QC, Validation, Engineer, QA, Manufacturing, Engineering, Aseptic, Sterility, Hospital, Research and Development, Medical Affairs, Drug Safety
1) University degree is required (preference will be given to those with degree in relevant field, though all candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply)
2) Appropriate full-time work experience is mandatory (no students or fresh graduates please)
3) Recent experience in the pharmaceutical industry is strongly preferred
4) Preference will be given to people have recent experience in project management
If you're a confident communicator with the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time and thrive in a busy atmosphere, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is the premier recruitment firm in North America for companies involved in the research, clinical development, manufacturing and distribution of drugs and devices that allow patients to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Leveraging a network of relationships in every major city – including New York, San Francisco, Raleigh-Durham, Chicago, Dallas, Denver and Los Angeles – Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is ideally positioned to assist fast growing CROs, pharmaceutical companies, biotech firms and medical device players in their quest to recruit the best people.