Provide leadership to plan, organize and manage all of the activities related to the Registrar's Office, including VA certification, transfer credit evaluation, degree audit, the application of academic policies, and ensuring the integrity and privacy of student records, collaborating on SIS improvement projects, among other duties.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate the Registrar Office staff.
- Organize and administer the functions of the Registrar's office to provide maximum service to students while ensuring efficient and effective workflow.
- Ensure all activities with respect to student records are within FERPA guidelines and meet all internal audit requirements; e.g., grades, registration data, in-bound and out-bound transcripts, etc.
- Develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology application in support of enhanced services offered through the Registrar's Office.
- Participate in the annual budget process as part of the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Provide research, analysis and other assistance to resolve student grievances as they relate to student records, grade appeals or other grievances.
- Collaborate with administrators across campus to improve student services, including the Deans, enrollment management, IT and other departments.
- Serve on the Curriculum Committee, the Policy Committee, Commencement Committee, student services working groups, and other committees as appropriate.
- Contribute strategic vision for the development and enhancement of the services and functions of the Registrar's Office.
- This position description is not intended to be all inclusive and should also be expected to perform other reasonably-related duties as assigned by the Provost.
- Participate in professional development activities that serve and support the goals and objectives of the College.
- Travel to local branch campuses and support student events as needed.
- Master's degree in student services, educational administration or a related area.
- Three years' experience as a registrar, associate or assistant registrar at regionally-accredited post-secondary institutions, including community colleges.
- Proven record as a successful supervisor.
- Demonstrated understanding of SPEEDE and more generally the application of technology to deliver Registrar Office functions and services.
- Experience with online education.
- Ability to work successfully with diverse populations.
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with college departments and cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with international student admissions and student service.