Project Management Opportunities at UnitedHealth Group. Get your motor running. This is the opportunity that will bring all your study, all your training, your certifications and your energy to a new level. We’ll put you in the driver’s seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. And we also share a near obsessive desire to outperform and outdo our own achievements across our entire global business landscape. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. Along with ground-breaking challenge and resources of a Fortune 17 workplace, we offer something special. It’s the opportunity to do
your life’s best work.℠
Product Specialist - Atlanta, San Diego, Phoenix, Salt Lake, Dallas, Seattle, or Denver
We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.Use your Sharp Business Skills to assist in end-to-end business process activities by creating, reviewing, controlling and improving processes. You will lead and manage customer readiness activities and project implementation teams in process improvement activities. Diagnose process improvement opportunities and develop solutions using principles of process excellence and related tools. Responsibilities include quality reporting, analysis, audits, developing plans and programs to support continuous quality improvement using a variety of
The Product Specialist is responsible for assisting in demonstrating the features, functionalities and benefits of Optum's Computer-assisted Coding application, CAC Professional. The Product Specialist will interact with all departments within Optum to ensure sales requirements are properly communicated with Optum's implementation specialists and to identify potential product enhancements to product management.
The Product Specialist will develop relationships through the coordination of educational efforts, presentations, demonstrations and sales activities. It is vital that the Product Specialist maximizes awareness of product benefits, account penetration, customer satisfaction and sales growth for long-term profitable results.
• Gathers customer input through various methods to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Acts as a primary, detailed, hands-on expert for the product. Works closely with Customers, Sales, Engineering, and Client Services
• Identify positive and negative trends in product setup and feature usage and communicate those trends back to Product Management and Client Services.
• Research complex issues related to product set up ensuring that product data adequately supports downstream systems and processes that rely on product data to perform functions.
• Relay product feedback to Product Management.
• Maintain awareness of automation and computerization trends in the healthcare industry.
• Assist Sales in the role of Subject Matter Expert for prospect calls and/or site visits to demonstrate the product or support with product knowledge.
• Support the corporate objectives and highlight the delivery of our key selling messages.
• Build and maintain comprehensive relationships.
• Maintain key contact records.
• Attend various sales meetings, trade shows, training and professional conferences.
• Work closely with management to understand, develop and communicate our product sales and marketing messages.
• Be able to quickly develop clear understanding of applications, competition, reimbursement and key industry issues that pertain to inpatient and facility coding guidelinesThis role can be based in Atlanta, San Diego, Phoenix, Dallas, Seattle, or Denver.
•Bachelor's degree in Health Information Services or Technology or a combination of college and equivalent work experience in the healthcare industry.
•3+ years of experience functioning as a software product specialist and/or Business Coding Subject Matter Expert (SME) in a physician billing practice, healthcare practice management or managed care space.
•Knowledge of Health Information Management with a good understanding of Revenue Cycle (Coding process)
• Experience with medical coding concepts (e.g., CPT, ICD-9/10) preferred.
•Experience in creating and delivering presentations
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
•Must be willing and able to travel, including overnight, as needed up to 75% of time
OptumInsight is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.OptumInsight is one of the largest and fastest growing health information companies. We specialize in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology and consulting services that enable better decisions and results. We integrate workflow solutions that deliver data in real-time, and create actionable insights - processing health information that relates directly to and affects one in four patients in the U.S, one in every three Medicaid dollars and one in every five emergency room visits. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.What can YOU do with the right information? At OptumInsight, the possibilities and the impact are limitless. No matter what your role is at OptumInsight, you'll be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever. It's always fresh. It's always exciting. And it's never been more important.Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/VUnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Keywords: healthcare, coding applications, sales support, product specialist, jobs, coding, medical coding, revenue cycle, CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, presentations, sales, product demonstrations, managed care, clinical, physician practice
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Job Category: Finance
Job Reference Code: UHG-524424-4
Position Type: Full-Time