Consulting - IT Auditor - Regulatory Insurance Job
Risk & Regulatory Insurance Consulting
The IT Auditor is responsible for supporting Risk & Regulatory Consulting in the overall growth and management of their functional area. The IT Auditor is responsible for all aspects of client project management and delivery, as well as supporting Practice and People development.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and lead projects focused on integrated IT Audits, on behalf of Risk and Regulatory Consulting clients.
- Personally generate billable revenue
- Build project teams to deliver business solutions in client-driven and focused manner in response to market needs
- Contact project team candidates to discuss project and work plan
- Complete detailed project plan based on scope and objectives
- Execute project plan
- Monitor project budget using client invoices and expense information
- Manage change in scope identified by project team including estimating change, documenting and securing client approval
- Define specific skills needed to fill roles defined during proposal phase
- Conduct client status meetings, review deliverables, receive client sign-off, escalate issues and communicate client opportunities
- Maintain an active network in the business community, attending events that can generate leads or opportunities or at a minimum provide valuable insight to the local market.
- Approve team project reports, timesheets and expense reports
- Responsible for managing consultants with regard to career development, mentoring, issue resolution and performance management.
- Create, document and deliver 'end of project' review for all team members
- BS in MIS, Computer Science, or Accounting; MBA and/or professional certification/s preferred
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience in public accounting, preferably Big 4, and Financial Services/ Insurance Industry exposure
- CISSP, CPA designations preferred
- CISA designation a MUST
- Strong understanding of information systems risk assessments and controls review
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley, COBIT framework, SAS 70, and data extract software
- Experience with IT security in the following areas: Windows XP/2000/NT, Unix, routers, switches, database environments, web security, firewall and IDS/IPS, RACF, ACF2, z/OS, wireless
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- PC skills, including experience in using software for producing presentations, spreadsheets, and project planning (skills in TeamMate, ACL/Access, Visual Basic, MS Excel and other applications)
- Demonstrated history of project management experience
- Ability to interact with all levels including executives and senior managers
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, analytical and statistical sampling skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required
- Dynamic/flexible demeanor with exceptional client service skills
- Forward-thinking leader with a collaborative focus who can consult effectively with key constituents and become recognized as a valued resource
- Must be self-motivated and possess a sense of urgency
- Skilled in team building and team development
- Flexibility to travel up to 75%
- Ability to demonstrate ethical and professional standards as outlined by the Firm
-**WHEN APPLYING: PLEASE ADD YOUR RESUME AS AN ATTACHMENT ***
RRC was formerly a business segment of McGladrey until 2012 when the separate legal entity was formed. RRC is a strategic business partner with McGladrey providing actuarial and insurance industry consulting services to McGladrey clients.
Risk & Regulatory Consulting, LLC (RRC) is a national, leading professional services firm dedicated to providing exceptional regulatory services to clients. With over 70 experienced insurance professionals located in 22 states, we believe RRC is uniquely positioned to serve state insurance departments. We offer services in the following regulatory areas: financial examinations, market conduct examinations, insolvency and receiverships, actuarial services and valuations, investment analysis, reinsurance expertise, market analysis and compliance, and special projects. We are a results oriented firm committed to success that builds long term relationships with our clients.
RRC is managed by six partners and our practice includes full time professionals dedicated to our regulatory clients. We are focused on listening to your needs and designing customized examination, consulting, and training solutions that address your needs. We bring multiple service lines together to provide superior and seamless service to our clients. We are committed to training our customers and our team. We have developed various comprehensive in house training programs that have been tailored to meet the needs of our regulatory clients. We offer competitive pricing, outstanding experience, credentials and references. RRC is an active participant in the NAIC, SOFE, and IRES.
You’re one of a kind. So is McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood. ™
McGladrey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Location Street Address: 80 City Square
Region: RRC / Public Sector
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Relocation Eligible: No
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: NCON11585
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.