A leading company in the snack food industry is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager to join their team. For the right candidate, this is a fantastic opportunity with great growth prospects. Details:
1) Provide a high level of purchasing support to the field by resolving problems and answering questions, which may involve communicating with various vendors
2) Assist in opening of new accounts by helping to determine appropriate vendors, process credit applications and arrange for necessary equipment
3) Co-ordinate online order training by supplier and coordinate first deliveries, in some cases
4) Identify, track and audit all vendor programs for accuracy
5) Analyze and evaluate vendor proposals to determine value to the company
6) Implement programs that are awarded and follow through to completion at the facility level
7) Participate in meetings, trainings, etc. for the purpose of conveying and gathering information required performing job function
8) Perform a wide variety of spreadsheet and analytical assignments which are used to negotiate with vendors, determine areas of cost savings, and measure adherence to company's program at the facility level
9) Participate in the proposal process by working with the Operations team to identify potential suppliers
10) Perform other duties as assigned
More questions? Want to know the Salary range? Keep reading.
The best way to get more details is to click ‘Apply’, upload your resume, and ENTER YOUR QUESTIONS in the ‘Cover Letter’ field. A recruiter will call you and answer all of your questions (if they feel you are a fit for the role). Your resume will be kept CONFIDENTIAL – we respect your privacy. Our Recruiters are more likely to respond to your questions if they know you are *seriously* interested, and prefer to know a little bit about your background before calling.
1) Follow our CEO on Twitter for status-updates about your job application:http://www.twitter.com/sterlinghoffman
2) Add our CEO on Facebook:
We will try to respond to your questions privately via Twitter or Facebook only.
TAGS: Food Jobs, Beverage Jobs, Food Careers, Meat, Dairy, Baked Goods, CPG, Bakery, Beef, Vegetable, Fruit, Snacks, Cream, Cheese, Ingredients, Wine, Candy, Confectionery, Bread, Bagel, Nutraceutical, Kraft, Grocery, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality Assurance, QA, QC, Sanitation, Logistics, Maintenance, Engineering, Engineer, Food Science, Beverage Careers, Food Manufacturing, Food Processing, Food Science, Restaurant, Fresh Produce, Organic Foods, Food Industry, Beverage Industry, Frozen Dessert, Frozen Food
FEP Search Group is one of North America's most competent and resource-rich staffing firms.
Established in 1975, the firm has been able to align clients with the industry's best talent. Our 16,000-plus highly qualified candidates placed successfully in leading companies prove that we are one of North America's most competent, aggressive and candidate-rich search firms.