Associate EDI Analyst
The purpose of the Associate EDI Analyst is to support electronic data interchange (EDI) technology by investigating and resolving issues and assisting with document transactions to increase efficiency and effectiveness information movement.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Monitor performance of assigned document movement processes by gathering, organizing and analyzing data and following established guidelines to recommend solutions for improving effectiveness and efficiency of EDI transactions
- Support resolution of EDI system issues by analyzing problems, researching root cause, recommending solutions and escalating as required to ensure continued, correct functioning of EDI processes
- Contribute to key stakeholder support by gathering information about customer concerns and escalating issues as required to efficiently and effectively meet requirements for multiple lines of business
- Support inbound document processing for assigned business areas by entering data, tracking files and monitoring document flow to ensure accuracy of processing
- Contribute to a positive environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value “can do' people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Adopt QBE values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal interactions; manage own career development by soliciting feedback and valuing other perspectives
Associate EDI Analyst
Required Education &/or Exp
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- System operations; EDI related experience or equivalent
- Fundamental IT concepts, systems, platforms, tools and technologies, hardware, software and services
- Basic knowledge of systems and business processes utilized in area of responsibility
- Basic knowledge of property and casualty insurance industry
- Terminology, function and fundamental capabilities of common computer, software, information and communication technology devices, components, and concepts
- Principles and processes for meeting the needs of internal and external customers
- Data management and organization
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate causal relationships
- Identify impact of a given decision
- Use multiple resources to gather and analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
How To Apply
- Prioritize competing responsibilities concurrently and effectively
- Communicate information in a clear, well-organized, and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to think critically
- Identify connections and patterns
- Effectively and efficiently present logic, reasoning, and analysis to others
To apply for this position, click 'Apply Now'
Internet Explorer users may experience their browsers locking up in a continual loading state. To resolve this issue use one of the two options below.
- Switch to a different web browser. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple’s Safari.
- Switch Internet Explorer to its compatibility mode. An icon should appear in the top right corner of your pop-up window, immediately to the right of the address bar.
If you continue to experience technical difficulties, please send an email to[Click Here to Email Your Resume] Equal Employment Opportunity
The companies of QBE North America are committed to equal employment opportunities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, citizenship, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. All personal information contained in this application will be kept confidential as required by law.
Explore the possibilities of growing your career with a company that cultivates—and celebrates—individual strengths and contributions. Every day, our more than 6,000 employees have the opportunity to show their talents in our operations located in offices across North America. Headquartered in New York, the North America division is a leading insurer and reinsurer, delivering products through the QBE Program Business, QBE Reinsurance and QBE Regional Insurance.
QBE North America produced more than $5.1 billion in gross written premium in 2010 and an 89.7 combined operating ratio. QBE Group (QBE North America’s parent company, located in Sydney, Australia) underwrites a diverse mix of property, casualty and health business on a reinsurance, direct, and excess and surplus basis. QBE's vision is to be recognized as an organization that excels in the continuous delivery of new and proven quality products and services. QBE strives for customer satisfaction and retention, employee motivation and integrity.
QBE’s Program Business is a U.S. market leader with a $1.52 billion gross written premium in 2010. It offers a specialty niche focus on small to mid-sized commercial customers that are underserved in the marketplace. The Program Business is rated “A” (Excellent) by insurance analyst A.M. Best.
The Regional Insurance arm offers property and casualty insurance and is rated “A” (Excellent) by insurance analyst A.M. Best. QBE Regional’s operations recorded gross written premium in 2010 of more than $1.3 billion. Awareness of the QBE way of behaving or ‘doing things’ is fundamental to our success. Our teams are aligned with nine ‘Essential Behaviors.’ These behaviors are the major drivers of our culture, values and vision. They are the ‘glue’ that binds us together because they create a framework that spans the diversity of the entire organization. QBE encourages responsibility, independence and open-thinking. Local workplace policies and procedures ensure that the work environment is safe, fair, challenging and rewarding. Regions and business units are given clear goals, guidelines and levels of authority within which to manage their businesses. We invite you to share your entrepreneurship, integrity, open thinking, and commitment to service.
QBE Group (Parent Company) – www.qbena.com
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.