Associate Human Factors Engineer
• Have you had exposure to user interface design and interaction design techniques?
• Are you looking for an opportunity to enter the Healthcare Industry?
• Do you thrive in a fast paced, ambitious environment?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, then keep reading!
As a Human Factors Engineer for Sunquest, you will work with the Human Factors Engineering team to perform user research, analysis, and functional design for Sunquest graphical user interfaces across Sunquest products. Your efforts will have an impact on the Healthcare industry! Now is an exciting time to become a member of the Sunquest Product Development Team!
In this role your key contributions will be:
• Design and prototype Sunquest graphical user interfaces
• Develop and manage common user interface elements, such as icons, menus, and GUI standards
• Work closely with team members to develop software designs that reflect an understanding of end-user workflow.
• Work with end-users and internal staff to analyze and resolve software design issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in human factors, computer science, human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, visual design, social science, information design, related discipline, or equivalent experience
• Ability to communicate with end-users
• Ability to travel as needed (10%)
• Experience user research, interface design, business analysis, market research
• Proficiency in graphics tools , wireframe/ prototyping tools and usability testing / screen capture tools
• Experience with agile methodologies a plus
• Experience applying user-centered design principles to the software development process is a plus
To jump start your career in the Healthcare IT industry, APPLY NOW!
Sunquest Information Systems, Inc. delivers market-leading diagnostic information technology and outreach solutions, designed and implemented to fulfill the business objectives of today’s healthcare leaders.
Sunquest delivers a commitment to patient safety, workflow excellence, predictive and personalized medicine, and physician and patient affinity. The company offers diagnostic IT solutions to more than 1,400 organizations and 380,000 users worldwide.
Laboratory testing is the largest contributor to the cost of care your organization provides. In fact, 3 to 4 percent of every dollar spent on healthcare in the US is spent on lab testing. However, lab test results impact almost 80% of all healthcare decisions. The lab represents the single greatest opportunity to control the growing costs of healthcare delivery. With an industry leading laboratory information system, your organization can more effectively manage the impact of laboratory testing and, as a result, your cost of patient care.
Sunquest innovations include Diagnostic Intelligence™ which provides real-time, dashboard-driven operational and clinical metrics. Additionally, the Sunquest Physician Portal™ supports community-based physician relationships and grows laboratory outreach businesses.
Serving the global marketplace with reliable laboratory technology required for mission critical applications, Sunquest solutions provide the foundation to optimize the healthcare experience by delivering technology that eliminates errors and optimizes clinical and business processes.