Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
You’ll Find It with Us…….
Airgas is the nation’s largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding and related equipment and safety supplies to industrial and commercial markets. Our tagline says it all as it relates to our products and services.
You’ll also find it with us, if you are looking for a job where you are part of a team, are valued for your ideas and energy and where you’ll be provided with the tools and support you need to be successful. Airgas' North Central Region is seeking candidates for the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis to provide financial support, analysis and consultation to senior business leaders in the region. The ideal candidate will posses the following background;
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and/or equivalent knowledge skills and experience . MBA, CMA and/or CPA is preferred.
- Strong leadership and change management skills
- Advanced Excel skills, strong modeling skills and ability to present financial analysis in an easy-to-understand manner
- Ability to analyze results, explain the “what”, the “why” and recommend “what to do about it” to executive management
- Ability to create budgets, forecasts and priorities based upon goals and objectives
- Experience with SAP
- Accurate, precise, highly organized, excellent time management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting and GAAP.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience with profitability analysis, expense analysis, forecasting and budgeting, and financial analysis of new business opportunities.
- Strong presentation, self-confidence and organizational capabilities.
- Detail oriented with the ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining the highest standards of completeness and accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and manage for results.
- Responsible for the maintenance and enhancements of the overall financial model (annual and long term) used in budgeting and financial projection analysis
- Prepare variance analyses of actual financial results to previous forecasts, budgets and prior periods, including preparation of presentations to senior management
- Work with the business to ensure accurate projections and analyses and properly identify risks and opportunities to the forecasted results
- Identify cost saving opportunities and assist management by providing financial support and direction to budget owners
- Drive profitability, process improvements and quality initiatives
- Collaborate with Accounting to ensure GAAP compliance and adherence to Airgas policies and procedures.
- Develop ad-hoc financial metrics analysis and operational efficiency analyses. Update forecast models and other management ‘dashboard’ reporting
- Analyze and report on monthly budget and actual expense variances; develop and provide financial summary metrics regional company management
- Provide sound business judgment, strategic thinking, and broad financial and business perspective across the organization and add value as a senior member of the Finance team.
- Identify ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems, monitor departmental cost and cost trends
- Maintain regional company planning and reporting consolidation processes.
- Model and forecast project based revenue and cogs and the associated impact to the financial statements
- Generate internal management reporting and performance variance analysis.
- Manage compilation, analysis, submission, reporting of monthly/quarterly financial forecasts, annual budget, and strategic plan
- Drive continuous improvement in financial reporting. Focus on driving top-line growth and margin expansion
- Manage and develop a team of financial analysts
Airgas offers competitive pay with benefits in a growth-oriented environment. Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is the largest U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and supplies. Airgas is also a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases, carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide, one of the largest U.S. distributors of safety products, and a leading U.S. distributor of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Airgas Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors Peter McCausland founded the company in 1982. Through approximately 400 acquisitions and internal growth, Airgas has built the largest national distribution network in the packaged gas industry. More than 15,000 employees work in more than 1,100 locations includes branches, cylinder fill plants, production facilities, specialty gas laboratories, and regional distribution centers to serve a diversified customer base. Airgas markets through multiple channels, including its own branches and outside sales force, a Strategic Accounts Team focused on large customers, distributors and resellers, telesales, catalog and eBusiness channels.