Faculty I - On Call (Massage Therapy)
Use your professional expertise to engage, instruct, and inspire
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a robust company committed to changing students’ lives and doing the right thing, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is the place for you. As one of the largest post-secondary education companies in North America, we are on the cutting edge of the industry and forging ahead into a new era of leadership, growth, and innovation. We currently operate more than 100 campuses through Everest College, WyoTech, and Heald College and are dedicated to delivering on the promise to our students. At CCi you’ll work with impassioned employees and have the support you need to make great things possible.
Become a valued member of our Faculty at Everest College and discover a more rewarding way to leverage your professional expertise. Part coach, part counselor, part entertainer, and 100% advocate for your students, you will provide a dynamic training environment where everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential. You will utilize a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods to bring our curriculum to life for your students.
At Everest College and Corinthian Colleges, Inc., we’re in the business of changing students’ lives. As a member of our faculty, you’re in the position to make it happen.
• Instruct assigned courses in accordance with course competencies/objectives
• Select and utilize a variety of approved course materials and teaching methods – such as using lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, and seminars - to ensure the needs of the individual students are met in the program (utilize instructional plans)
• Explain and demonstrate related laboratory/practical procedures
• Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance policies
• Coach, guide, and empower students to achieve optimum success
• Utilize a variety of communication methods to promote higher student retention
• Manage classroom teaching conditions and environment through active instructor presence in order to promote positive classroom discipline and control, timely class meetings, and appropriate use of furniture and equipment
• Provide students with academic support and advice, give referrals for additional assistance as required, tutor if necessary, and provide other assistance as needed
• Monitor, evaluate, and document students’ progress through observation, tests, and examinations in theory and practice
• Arrange students’ field placement and monitor students’ progress where applicable
• Ensure related clinical supplies and equipment are up-to-date
• Demonstrate evidence of professional growth and academic currency
• Participate in other campus activities, committees, and projects
• Provide regularly scheduled academic advising to students within the program
• Assist the program chair with data collection and/or reporting as required by any applicable program accreditor and/or state regulatory agency
• Must turn in documentation to supervisor of having completed all annually required CEUs as mandated by the school’s accrediting body and/or state
• Complete minimum requirements for faculty development
• Stay current with all regional and state code changes and industry standards as it applies to the program subject matter being taught
• Other duties as assigned
• Faculty must possess the necessary academic credentials and work-related experience mandated by the company, accreditation agencies, and any other regulatory agency that monitors compliance (see accreditation requirements below)
• For general education courses in an academic degree program must have a master’s degree with appropriate academic coursework in the subject area taught
Corinthian Colleges, Inc., with more than 91,000 students enrolled as of June 30, 2012, is one of the largest post-secondary education companies in North America. Our mission is to change students' lives. We offer diploma and degree programs that prepare students for careers in demand or for advancement in their chosen fields. The company operates 105 schools in 25 states and 17 schools in Canada. We have 122 Everest, Heald and WyoTech campuses.