Restaurant Area Manager
Position Summary: Oversees recruiting, training, management, budget compliance, and overall operations of 4-9 Chipotle restaurants to ensure excellent customer service, high quality foods, crew development, food safety, store cleanliness, and maximum profitability. Maintains communication, acts as a liaison with Chipotle Corporate, and facilitates a focus on Chipotle’s culture and values: high quality food, excellent customer service, and an inviting atmosphere in the restaurants. Responsible for building a strong team through hiring, training, and developing General Managers; providing clear, consistent direction, and recognizing individual and team contributions.
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, main accountabilities are as follows:
• Achieves and maintains “Operational Excellence” which includes: Strong financials, successful and well-developed crew and staff, and pristine restaurants that serve excellent food.
• Maintains and drives high standards and expectations around food quality, customer service, food safety, and store cleanliness in every restaurant he/she is responsible for.
• Has a clear understanding of and is able to perform every other job in the restaurant.
• Responsible for all aspects of the restaurants’ performance and is the ultimate decision maker for his/her stores.
• Engages in clear, consistent communications with corporate and restaurant staff on a frequent basis.
• Demonstrates respect for individual employees and appreciation for their efforts and contributions.
• Builds an effective team of employees through recruiting, training, development and meaningful, timely performance feedback.
• Ensures the compliance of Chipotle policies and procedures (people, safety, assets, cash, etc.)
• Depending on the needs of the business and/or department, may complete other duties as assigned to advance a particular project or resolve a business issue
• A.A. in related field or equivalent in education and experience
• PC proficiency
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite
• Strong command of language and general communication skills
• Strong supervisory and organizational skills
• Has consistently demonstrated strong leadership skills in conjunction with commitment to operational and training systems as well as company concept philosophies and people practices
• Demonstrates ability to interact easily with diverse employees
• At least 5 years industry experience with multi-unit supervisory experience preferred
• Restaurateur or higher level experience or equivalent previous work experience required.
• Local store marketing experience desirable
• Excellent knowledge and commitment to the culture and values of Chipotle
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.