Specialist - Beverage Sales
You’ll Find It At Airgas!
We help put the pop, fizz, sparkle and effervescent freshness into your favorite everyday beverages! Airgas, a provider of quality mixtures of gases and related services for soda and beer dispensing systems, is uniquely flexible in our beverage gas delivery systems to ensure our customers maintain operational efficiency and profitability.
The Nor Pac region of Airgas USA, LLC (responsible for Southern California/Southern Nevada/Arizona/Hawaii) is currently seeking a professional Specialist - Beverage Sales for our Portland, OR area.
As an Airgas Beverage Gas Sales Specialist you will regularly call on fast food chains, restaurants, bars, sports and entertainment customers who offer a wide variety of fountain beverages and draft beer service with the purpose of maintaining business, increasing sales, and improving the Company’s competitive position in the sale of beverage gases (CO2), related service, equipment, and supplies. This position is also responsible for identifying and qualifying prospective customers within assigned territory for cylinder, micro-bulk and bulk gas services. You will be required to meet and exceed both corporate and regional objectives for sales growth, profitability, and Account Receivables management within the assigned territory.
- Must lead within the Airgas culture – putting safety first.
- Develop and execute sales plans to improve Airgas market share and increase existing revenue stream within the assigned sales territory.
- Maintain and grow the portfolio of existing Airgas accounts by finding opportunities to provide additional products and services to these customers.
- Actively pursue and acquire, on an on-going basis, new and competitive accounts.
- Serve as liaison between customer and company with regard to pricing, products, delivery information, payments, service, and general inquires.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be safety conscious and possess a desire to work safely
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, combination of college, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in outside sales with a focus on food and beverage establishments, bars, nightclubs, entertainment and sports facilities.
- Knowledge of beverage gases (CO2, nitrogen, and related mixes) desired.
- Possess top-notch sales skills with ability to both maintain and grow current customers and to cold-call and close new business.
- Technical proficiency, preferably with a strong understanding of beverage gases and related supplies.
- Broad business background and ability to work across Airgas’ exceedingly broad customer base.
- Must be detailed-oriented with good organizational skills able to juggle the needs and requirements of a large number of customers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with proven ability to interact with and influence across all levels of an organization.
- Proficient computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Database programs).
- Hands-on experience with SAP (or similar ERP system) strongly desired.
- Must have reliable transportation and hold a valid driver’s license with clean driving record (no at-fault accidents in past 3 years).
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the aforementioned knowledge, abilities, and skills may be considered at the company’s discretion.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, profit-sharing, and more).
Airgas is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/V/D.
Airgas USA, LLC is the nation’s largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related safety products. With revenues of $5B, nearly 1,200 locations and approximately 15,000 employees nationwide Airgas is uniquely positioned to serve our diversified customer base. Please visit Airgas.com for more information.
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is the largest U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and supplies. Airgas is also a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases, carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide, one of the largest U.S. distributors of safety products, and a leading U.S. distributor of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Airgas Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors Peter McCausland founded the company in 1982. Through approximately 400 acquisitions and internal growth, Airgas has built the largest national distribution network in the packaged gas industry. More than 15,000 employees work in more than 1,100 locations includes branches, cylinder fill plants, production facilities, specialty gas laboratories, and regional distribution centers to serve a diversified customer base. Airgas markets through multiple channels, including its own branches and outside sales force, a Strategic Accounts Team focused on large customers, distributors and resellers, telesales, catalog and eBusiness channels.
Not ready to apply?