Abraxas, a leader in the juvenile justice field, has openings for Therapist I (part-time) at our Cincinnati, Ohio facility.
Abraxas, a GEO Group company, is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families. For 40 years, Abraxas has contracted with various county and state agencies for the operation of residential, community-based, detention/shelter services and alternative education programming. We offer specialized services for hard-to-place juvenile populations including fire setters, sexual offenders and habitual offenders in addition to gender specific programming for females in need of treatment.
At Abraxas compensation isn’t the only reward for your talents. We also offer excellent benefit options designed to meet your health, financial, insurance, and personal needs. These benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 K, life insurance, disability insurance, etc.
This is a direct service position providing a full range of services directed toward the therapeutic care and rehabilitation of adolescent or delinquent substance abusers. Incumbent participates in the planning, organization and delivery of cross-disciplinary services, (i.e., case work, counseling, specialized treatment, drug court, etc.) according to individual skills and abilities.
(1) Major Activity: Performs individual, group, and family counseling under the direction of a Clinical Supervisor; performance includes intensive outpatient and outpatient group counseling, home/community-based individual and family counseling, teaching life skills, case management, and crisis intervention.
(2) Major Activity: Prepares individualized treatment plans, monthly progress reports and weekly court reports on client’s acceptance to treatment, behavior, attitude, achievement, education, and overall progress in the program.
• Attends staff meetings and participates in conferences for the discussion of behavior, diagnosis and progress of clients.
• Interacts closely with court staff to insure overall treatment goals and educational outcomes are accomplished.
• Participates in a cross-disciplinary treatment team and attends in- service training.
(3) Minor Activity: Serves as a liaison with external contacts such as probation officers, family members, and internal contacts with other Abraxas employees, case management staff, quality assurance staff, etc.
• Assist in the training and development of case manager.
• Facilitates court review meetings.
(4) Minor Activity: Conducts file reviews in accordance with ODADAS and The Joint Commission Accreditation Guidelines
• Conducts peer reviews and record reviews.
• Works to ensure regulatory compliance.
Performs other duties as required by management.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
At least 21 years of age.
One (1) year experience as a counselor.
Experience in social work, crisis intervention, and/or counseling.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
CDCA; or LCDC II or III or LICDC
Good oral and written communication skills.
Ability to utilize a team concept of service provision.
Licensed Physician; Licensed Psychologist; Psychology assistant;
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with a declared scope of practice of alcohol and drug addiction counseling;
Licensed Professional Counselor with a declared scope of practice of alcohol and drug addiction counseling;
Licensed Independent Social Worker with a declared scope of practice of alcohol and drug addiction counseling;
Licensed Social Worker with a declared scope of practice of alcohol and drug addiction counseling.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Not ready to Apply?
About Geo Group
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is a world leader of government outsourced services specializing in the delivery of correctional and detention management, medical and mental health rehabilitation services, family and youth services, and other diversified services to federal, state and local government agencies around the globe.
GEO's success around the world has been achieved by our highly-trained work force. We employ over 18,000 professionals within our facilities, regional, international, and corporate offices. Our highly skilled professionals manage approximately 80,000 beds at 116 correctional, detention and residential treatment facilities.
With operations in the United States, Australia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom; GEO offers a diversified array of turnkey services which include design, construction, financing, and operations. Our unique approach allows GEO to provide high-quality and cost-effective services with state-of-the-art designs, innovative programs and ground-breaking treatment approaches.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Read what employees have to say about working at Geo Group:
"My career at GEO began in January 1995. I am a 17-year veteran at GEO where I have had the opportunity of working almost every post on every shift. I have enjoyed working various positions throughout my career."
Penny, Correctional Officer
"GEO has given me great training. I have confidence that I can move up and make this a lifetime career. I feel there are no limits with this company."
Melissa, Receiving & Release Officer
"Forensic nursing creates unlimited opportunities for evidence-based practice and patient advocacy. It challenges your psychiatric skills."
Darlene, Registered Nurse
"As an Officer, I was given many opportunities to work various positions. My overall career and experience at GEO has been a very rewarding one for me."
Curtis, Administrative Captain
"My career at GEO began in November 1997, and I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks for the opportunities the company has given me. My overall career for the past 14 years has been a great experience."